Wednesday, 9 December 2015

GRWM: Christmas Party Season!

Hello everyone!

We're now in the party season, and as I was at a party a few weeks ago I wanted to share with you what I do to prep for a party as well as the makeup look I did. I am going to be sharing with you what I do a few days before the party, and then I will run through the hair, makeup and outfit:)

A few days before... 
It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get a natural tan in Winter so I had to fake it! I prefer using a gradual tanner as it does look a lot more natural, and so I had to do this two days before the party. I use the Dove Summer Glow gradual tanner, but there are a few things I need to do before I apply this. 

The party was on the Friday night, so on the Wednesday night I exfoliated my skin using the Soap & Glory Sugarcrush body scrub. This is super refreshing and smells absolutely incredible. I then took the Completely Quenched moisturiser from No7 so that the tan wouldn't be clinging to any dry patches. I then applied a thin layer of the tan and let it dry. On the night before the party I applied another layer of the tan so that it would be looking fresh for the following evening. 

The Makeup... 
I always use a primer before I apply my foundation because it helps the makeup stay in place for longer. My favourite primer is the Benefit Porefessional, and I apply this all over my face using my fingers. 

For foundation I used the Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I apply this using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It gives a flawless coverage and it is very lightweight on the skin. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump so a lot of product tends to get wasted. 

I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes as it really brightens up the area. I blend this in using the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, as it has a tapered edge so is great for getting right into the corner of the eye. 

I like to finish off my base by dusting a little bit of powder over my foundation and concealer. I usually use the Rimmel Stay Matte but the Revlon foundation gives a gorgeous dewy finish and so I like to use a non matte powder to keep that dewy glow. I have recently been using the B. Set Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Light/Medium. I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush to apply this as it is really soft. 


As usual, I contoured my face using the Maybelline Master Sculpt Duo. It has a lovely shimmery highlight in it that is perfect for highlighting your cheek and brow bones. It also has a completely matte bronzer that is perfect for contouring. I have been a big fan of this duo for a long time now, and if you haven't tried this then I would really recommend it. I use this pretty much every day and I still haven't hit pan on it as you do get a lot of product in this little compact. I apply the bronzer using the Real Technqiues Contour Brush and I apply the highlight using the Real Techniques Finishing Brush. 

Around this time of year I always dig out the MAC Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush as it is perfect for the party season! It has gold flecks of glitter throughout it and is really creamy and easy to blend. You guessed it, I use the Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply this! 

I prime my eyes using the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study. I use this on a daily basis as it really does act as a glue for the eye shadow. I find it easier to apply this using my finger as I can really blend it in this way. 

I wore my eye makeup quite simple, and only used two different shadows. I applied the Korres eyeshadow in Golden Bronze to all of my lid using the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, I then took a shimmery white pigment and applied that to my inner corner so that it made my eyes look more awake. 



I brushed through my eyebrows using the I Heart Makeup eye brow tint in the shade Light/Medium. This product is really easy to use and is a great dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow Gel. 

The mascara that I used is the Clinique High Impact Mascara. I got this in my Glamour magazine and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. 

To finish off my makeup I used the No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in Glam. This is my all time favourite Winter lipstick, as I love a red lip in the colder months. This lipstick is super moisturising and the colour pay off is incredible. 


The Hair... 
I kept my hair pretty simple and loosely curled it using the Remington Pro Big Curl Hair Tong. This created lots of lovely loose curls in my hair, which looked really natural. I then took two sections of hair from the front, twisted them and pinned them at the back of my head. 

I finished off my hair by lightly spraying the Toni & Guy Extreme Hold Hairspray. This helped to keep the curls in place all night. 

The Outfit... 
The dress that I wore was from Dorothy Perkins quite a while ago, so it is no longer available to buy. It is a simple black dress with gold detailing around the collar, a gold zip down the back and then the top portion is sheer as well. I will insert a few pictures so  that you can see the dress:) 

The shoes and bag are by far my favourite things about the outfit. My shoes are a recent purchase from River Island (you can find them here). They are gorgeous swede chelsea boots, and the heel is about 11cm! The bag I used was bought quite a few years ago and it is gold glitter to match the gold detailing on my dress. 




Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik