Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Red Lips For Every Budget

Hello everyone!

Christmas is coming up very soon, and if there is one makeup thing I would associate with Christmas it would definitely be a red lip! Today I am going to be sharing with you how to get the perfect red lip and my top red lipstick picks. 

The Lip Prep... 
Before I apply any lipstick there are a few steps that I go through, this is especially important if you are applying a bold lipstick as you don't want to colour to cling to any dry patches. 

I recently picked up the KIKO Angel Kiss Set in Candy Canes (view my KIKO haul here!) and this is basically THE kit you need to create the perfect red lip. I did talk about it in my KIKO haul, but you get a lip scrub and a tinted red lip balm. They smell absolutely incredible and they work together to make your lips super smooth. The scrub is not harsh whatsoever, and the lip balm is really moisturising. Both of these products also have a slight tint to them. 


After I use the two KIKO products on my lips I apply a thin layer of the MAC Prep + Prime Lip. This really does help your lipstick last longer, and is especially good for those drugstore lipsticks that don't last as long as others. 

The Lipsticks... 
I have three go to red lipsticks for the Winter time, and they are all quite different. I have a 'classic' true red, orange red and cherry red. 

My favourite 'classic' red lipstick is the No7 Moisture Drench in Glam. This is something that I ALWAYS talk about around Christmas. The pigmentation is incredible, it does not dry your lips out like many other lipsticks do and it lasts really well. When I wear this lipstick I never have to top it up for a good 6 hours.

The 'orange red' lipstick that I tend to go for around Winter is called Colour Overdose from the I Heart Lipsticks 'Lipstick Geek' range. I haven't worn this one as much as the other two that I have mentioned in this post, but I think it is another staple red lipstick. This is quite similar to MAC's Morange, and is something very different from my usual Christmas lipsticks. 

The final red lipstick that is a staple in my Winter makeup bag is from GOSH, and is one of their Velvet Touch lipsticks in Cherry. This lipstick is matte, my favourite lipstick finish, and is surprisingly not drying at all. This is not a classic red shade but I would class it as a cherry red, and is perfect for the Christmas season:) 

What is your favourite Winter lipstick? Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time, 
Emily xo 


 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik