Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Smashbox #SHAPEMATTERS Palette Review

Hello everyone!

For Christmas I had a few bits of makeup on my list, the first makeup item that I want to review from my pile of Christmas gifts is the Smashbox #SHAPEMATTERS palette. This palette includes 9 eye shadows, 3 contour powders, 1 highlighter, 2 brow powders, 1 brow wax and 1 double- ended shadow/brow brush. Along with all the makeup you also get 'Get The Look' cards which give you makeup look ideas. I think these are a great idea if you need some makeup inspiration or are just starting out in makeup and need some tips on using the products.


The Brush 
Normally I don't use the brushes in palettes, as they are usually rubbish quality. The brush in this palette is surprisingly really good and I have already got a lot of use from this. Both ends of this brush is really soft. I do use other shadow brushes alongside this as I do like to use a different brush for each shadow. 

Brow Wax/Powders
I was a little bit skeptical as to whether the brow products would be a suitable shade for my brows, but the shades are just right. The Brow Tech Brow Wax is a clear wax which sets the powder in place. Usually with brow waxes they can leave your brows feeling crispy, but this one does not. I can use both of the brow powders, which is great!

Contour/Highlight Shades
I love a good contour and this is one of the reasons why I wanted this palette! The first contour shade is something that I have been using everyday since I got the palette as it cool toned and can be built up for a more intense contour. The second shade is a bronzer, but it is slightly too orange for my liking. You could use this as an eyeshadow, like I am, because of the orange undertones. The two highlighters in this palette include a cream shade and a gorgeous intense champagne shimmer shade. I have been getting a lot of use from the champagne shade especially as I love a bit of shimmer!

Eye Shadows
I used the shadows on Christmas Day and loved the look that I created. I have been using this palette every other day as I have also been testing out my new MAC palette. The nine shadows are all very pigmented, blendable and last really well. They are all shadows that I can get a lot of use from as there are matte, shimmer and satin shades.

I am definitely going to be trying out some more Smashbox products as I absolutely love this palette. If you have any Smashbox recommendations then please let me know:)

Shop this post: Smashbox #SHAPEMATTERS Palette (£60.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik