Sunday, 3 January 2016

My 2015 Beauty Favourites!

Hello everyone!

2015 has flown by, it doesn't seem like two minutes since I did my 2014 favourites! I have been trying out SO many different beauty products (and non- beauty!) products this year, and I can't wait to share them all with you in one post. I am going to do a very quick roundup of last years products, and then I will get on with sharing this years favourites, and there is a lot!

Last years favourites...
  • Rimmel Stay Matte primer, foundation and powder- I am still loving all of these!
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • Rimmel Wonder'Full mascara
  • MAC lipsticks in Plink! and Snob
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
  • NYC Eyeshadow Quad in Best Of Broadway
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
  • The Body Shop White Musk Libertine
I am still loving all of these items, I just don't use them all too often because I love discovering new products. I am definitely going to get them all out and use them more often though:) 

Benefit Porefessional primer
You all know that I love a good primer, and the Benefit Porefessional has not let me down this year. I bought this in June, a whole 7 months ago, and have used it religiously. If you have not tried out this primer then I would 100% recommend it because it creates the perfect canvas for your makeup.

Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation
I have three foundations that I am going to be mentioning, and the Rimmel Lasting Finish is the first one I will talk about. Rimmel is the only brand that never lets me down when it comes to foundations, and I am still loving the Stay Matte that I mentioned in my 2014 favourites. The Lasting Finish foundation is a full coverage foundation that lasts pretty much all day, and I never use concealer as it covers everything that needs to be covered.

GOSH #Foundationdrops
I was sent this foundation around 4 months ago, and was not expecting it to be as good as it is. This foundation is super light and you can not feel it whatsoever. I use concealer with this foundation as it doesn't last as long as the Rimmel foundation, but it is a buildable medium coverage foundation that feels like velvet on your skin.

Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin
I bought this foundation at the end of August as I have heard about it so much, but never actually tried it before. I love this foundation as it is full coverage and looks very natural. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump so I often find myself wasting a lot of product.

Benefit blushers in Rockateur and Dandelion
It will be no surprise to you that I have included my two Benefit boxed blushes, as I have raved about them so much. I love blushers and have a few more to share with you, but these are definitely my all time favourites. I got the Rockateur blush for my Birthday in January and bought the Dandelion blush around March. The Dandelion blush is a natural pink and the Rockateur is shimmery rose gold shade.

Sleek Rose Gold blush
I was very surprised that I did not mention this blush last year, so I am going to mention it now. I have been loving the Rose Gold blush the past 4 or 5 months as it is simply gorgeous! I used this all the time in both 2014 and this year, and I will continue to use it in 2016.

Sleek Face Form
I felt like I have had the Sleek Face Form for ages! I don't use the highlighter as much but I love the contour shade and blush. The contour shade is perfect for my skin tone and the blush is actually something I included in a post as a dupe for the MAC Peachykeen blush. For under £10.00 this is an absolute bargain and must have in anybody's makeup bag.


Maybelline Master Sculpt 
At the beginning of the year I really wasn't into contouring. I then came across the Maybelline Master Sculpt and I have contoured every day without fail. I didn't realise how much of a difference contouring can make to the shape of your face and overall look of your makeup. This contour duo has been used and I will probably need to repurchase again soon. If you are new to contouring I would definitely recommend this duo as it is foolproof! 

MAC blushers in Well Dressed, Peachykeen and Stay Pretty
I am a huge fan of MAC blushers, and I own three that I have used continuously over the past year or so. The first MAC blush I ever bought was Well Dressed, and this was purchased at the very beginning of the year. I chose Well Dressed as my first blush because it is a very subtle blue- based pink shade, you can build it up to have more of a colour pay off but I like that it gives a natural flush of colour to the cheeks. Peachykeen was the second MAC blush I bought, and this has a lot more shimmer in it. This is a sheertone shimmer blush, but I find it to be a lot more pigmented than Well Dressed. The other MAC blush I wanted to mention is in Stay Pretty, which is a deeper version of Well Dressed and is a Pro Longwear blush too.

MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
I always apply an eye primer or base before I apply any shadows, and 9/10 times it is the MAC Bare Study paint pot. I have been wanting some more of these for a while but I have so many other eye bases that I have been putting it off. I sometimes wear this on its own, but it works great under shadows too.

Urban Decay Naked Smoky
This is something that I wasn't planning on buying, but when it came out in August I bought it straight away because I just couldn't wait. This is the fourth addition to the Naked palettes, and definitely my favourite. This has everything in it from mattes to shimmers and frosts, and it did not disappoint! It has a lot of darker shades in it, which is something that I wouldn't tend to lean for, but I have been experimenting a lot with different shadows in the past 5 months and have got a lot of use out of this palette.

MUA eyeshadow palettes
MUA is a great drugstore brand that is both cheap and good quality. They have brought out a few eyeshadow palettes in the past year, and I have been loving them. I own three of their palettes; Undressed, Spring Break and 5th Birthday. These palettes have 12 shadows in them and cost £4.00 each, an absolute bargain! I would definitely recommend you try out their shadows as they last really well and are very pigmented and buttery. You can pick these up from Superdrug, and I am sure they are bringing lots more out in the next year:)

Benefit They're Real mascara
I bought this in the duty free shop in June when I was on my way to France, and I haven't stopped talking about it ever since! I am yet to try the Rollerlash, but it is something I have heard very mixed reviews on so I am not sure whether it will be for me or not. The They're Real mascara, however, is definitely for me! I love everything about this mascara; the formula, the wand and the packaging. It only takes one coat of this mascara for my lashes to look very full and long. The only bad this about this is that it does take a lot of Garnier Micellar Water to take off this mascara, but at least it lasts ALL day.

MAC lipsticks in Brave, Angel, Lovelorn, Hue, Crème Cup and Flat Out Fabulous
I couldn't end my 2015 favourites without mentioning MAC lipsticks, and there are 6 I have used pretty much all year. 5 of these lipstick are nudes and pinks, but Flat Out Fabulous is something very different. If you want to hear about my MAC lipsticks (yes, there are more!) then you can check out a post I did in around September time, when I share with you my top 10 MAC lipsticks.

I hope you liked this post, let me know in the comments what you have been loving in 2015. I can't wait for all the new beauty releases in this coming year and I will of course continue blogging about what I love most...makeup!

Until next time,
Emily xo


 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik