Sunday, 17 January 2016

Top 5 Primers!

Hello everyone!

When I first started my blog I did a 'Top 5...' series. Since then I have tried out many different products and I now have different favourites, so I thought that for the next few weeks I will share with you updated makeup favourites in the form of 'Top 5...' posts. I am going to do this series in the order that I would usually apply my makeup, and today I am starting off with primers.

B. Cosmetics Sweet Popping Candy Highlighting Serum (£14.99)
The first primer that is in my top 5 favourites is by B. Cosmetics which is sold in Superdrug. This product can be used under foundation as a primer, on its own or on top of foundation. I use this to prime my face as it gives a lovely healthy glow. The product is very light on the skin and hydrating too. I think that this is well worth the £15!

Benefit Porefessional Primer (£24.50)
Of course I would be mentioning the Benefit Porefessional! This is definitely my all time primer as it creates a smooth canvas for applying your foundation. Whenever I prime my face using this product I definitely notice that my foundation glides on a lot smoother. You can also wear this on top of foundation, but this is something that I personally wouldn't do.

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer (£5.99)
It is no secret that I am a huge fan of the Rimmel Stay Matte range, and so I HAD to include the primer that is the secret to my matte complexion. I get the most use from this primer in the Summer as that is when I want my makeup to look as matte as possible. This is great if you are looking for a matte base, especially in the warmer months. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer (£6.99)
I am a big fan of Rimmel, their base products especially. The other primer from them that I have been loving recently is the Lasting Finish primer. I use this with the matching foundation (expect to see that in my next post!) and I love the way that the two products work together. I do also use this with other foundations and they work fine with those too. It is a really creamy consistency, compared to the Stay Matte which is almost like a glue, but it still works really well on my skin.

Urban Decay Primer Potions
I got four samples of the Urban Decay primer potions with the Naked 3 palette which I bought over a year ago. I absolutely loved the formula of the primers, and they definitely did help my eye makeup last a lot longer than it usually would. I am going to be picking up the full sized version of this as I still haven't got round to it as I have been trying a lot of different eye primers. All of those that I have tried have not matched up to these ones though!

Let me know if you like these posts and I will be back soon with my top 5 foundations:)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik