Sunday, 21 February 2016

Top 10 Drugstore Products

Hello everyone!

I absolutely love treating myself to high end beauty products, but sometimes it's nice to save some money and have a little shopping spree in the drugstore instead. I have chose my top ten drugstore products and today I am going to be sharing those with you. I have chose hair, makeup and skincare products; and they are all from different brands so there is a nice selection of products in this post:)

Tangle Teezer (£10.99)
I have had my Tangle Teezer for about two years (I am going to buy a new one, don't worry!) and I have never used a 'normal' hairbrush since. I love that this has lots of fine plastic bristles as it gets out any knots in the hair without tugging. I use this when my hair is wet and when it is dry, and I love how soft it makes my hair feel! 

Soap & Glory Peach Party Blush (£11.00)
I just HAD to include one of the Soap & Glory blush bricks in this post. I am a huge fan of Soap & Glory as a brand but their blush bricks are absolutely stunning. The Peach Party blush has lots of shimmer in it and is a gorgeous peach. I like to swirl my brush around as there are four different shades in this brick. This is obviously not for everyone as it has lots of shimmer in it, but if you like shimmer then you will like this too! 


Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara (£6.99)
I obviously had to include a Rimmel mascara in this post, I love their mascaras. Rimmel has to be my all time favourite drugstore brand and their mascaras never let me down. I love the wand as the bristles are really thick and carry a lot of product. It is £6.99 and is probably the best mascara I have tried, what more could you want?!

GOSH #Foundation Drops (£12.99)
I have talked about this foundation a few times on my blog now, and I think that GOSH really deserves a lot more coverage in the blogging world. I love everything about this foundation; from the texture to the coverage. I would say that this is my favourite drugstore foundation as it is a really light formula but offers a buildable full coverage look. 

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£9.99)
I decided to include just one brush in this post; and that is the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I honestly think that if there is one Real Techniques makeup brush to buy, it is definitely this one. You can use this brush for foundation, concealer and powder. I also think that if you are travelling you could totally get away with using it for blush, bronzer and highlight too! 

Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Eyeshadow Palette (£3.99)
I have so many nude eye shadow palettes but this one from Collection is an absolute bargain! You get six different shades in this palette and all of the shadows have a buttery formula with decent colour pay off. The shades are really wearable and perfect for day or night. 

Barry M Quick Dry Nail Varnishes (£3.99 each)
I don't have time to paint my nails often but when I do I like to use the Barry M Quick Dry nail varnishes. I have three different shades from the collection; In a Heart Beat, Full Throttle and Lap of Honour. These (as the name suggests!) dry really quickly, apply well and have lots of shades to choose from. 

KIKO Intensely Lavish Lipstick in 05 Heavy Cherry (£6.90)
First of all, I would say that the name of this lipstick is very deceiving as 'cherry' suggests the shade would be red but it is not red at all. The formula itself is really creamy and the lipstick glides on the lips with ease. You can see in the image below that this is a gorgeous purple shade, and I wore it almost everyday in Winter. 


Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 02 Beige Trench (£7.99)
I had to include at least one nude lipstick in this post because they are my favourite shades to wear on my lips. Beige Trench is a pale beige shade and is perfect for everyday wear. The Bourjois lipsticks tend to last fairly well on my lips, but for the price they are great! 


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water For Combination and Sensitive Skin (£4.99)
The final item that I am going to mention today is the Garnier Micellar cleansing water. I use this to remove my makeup as it lifts out impurities and even gets rid of waterproof eye makeup. I buy a new bottle of this about once every 6 months because you only need a really small amount to remove your makeup. 

I hope that you enjoyed this post. This was actually a collab with Kate, and you can click here to view her blog.

Shop this post: Tangle Teezer (£10.99) // Soap & Glory Peach Party Blush (£11.00) // Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara (£6.99) // GOSH Foundation Drops (£12.99) // Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£9.99) // Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Eyeshadow Palette (£3.99) // Barry M Quick Dry Nail Varnishes (£3.99 each) // Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Beige Trench (£7.99) // Garnier Micellar Water (£4.99)

Until next time, 
Emily xo


 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik