Sunday, 27 March 2016

Huge Drugstore Haul

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to do a collective Boots haul. All of the products I mention in this post were bought over a few months, and I decided not to share the products with you until I had tried them out and then I can give mini reviews on everything. You may see a trend throughout this post... I picked up a lot of matte lip products!

L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist (£7.99)
I bought two bottles of this setting spray because I had heard so many great things about it. I am usually really skeptical about setting sprays but I was totally wrong! I really notice that my makeup lasts a lot longer when I spray a little bit of this when I am finished. You need to give this a good shake before use as it does seem to separate in the bottle, and don't hold it too close to your face or it leaves little white dots of powder:) 

L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Palette (£9.99)
This little contour palette is fairly new and is something that I was very excited to try. I have wanted to try a few cream contour products for a while and this is cream to powder, so exactly what I wanted! This is very buildable, so you can create either a bold or subtle contour. It is not orange toned like some contour products can be, and lasts all day on my skin.


L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation (£9.99)
The shade that I picked in this foundation is the lightest, and it is a little too pale for my skin at the moment. I have tried this out for the purpose of this post but I will be keeping it until I am really pale in the Winter. This is a medium coverage foundation and actually looks like skin, which is always nice! Like I said earlier, I will get a lot of use from this in the Winter but from what I've tried I think that I am going to like this foundation. I always tend to stick to drugstore foundations anyway because there are some great ones out there for decent prices! I also wanted to add that I love the smell of this foundation, is that strange?!



Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit (£6.49)
I bought this palette a few weeks ago, it has been out for a little while now, and I have used it every day when I haven't used the L'Oreal palette. You get three different shades in this kit; a highlight, bronzer and contour shade. The highlight is completely matte and I think that it would be good for setting under eye concealer, rather than highlighting. The bronzer is warm toned, again with no shimmer. Finally, the contour shade is cool toned which means it doesn't look orange on the skin, and has no shimmer in it either. 


*NEW* Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte Lip Colour in Berry Much (£3.50)
I have tried the Soap & Glory lip glosses before and I loved them, so I wanted to try another one of their lip products. This one is new to the drugstore, and it's matte (what a surprise!). The shape of the bullet means that the lip stick is really easy to apply precisely. The shade Berry Much is gorgeous and I am so glad that I chose this one as I will get a lot of use from it. It applies smoothly and doesn't draw attention to dry patches on the lips, which most matte lipsticks do. It lasts for a good 3 to 4 hours on the lips and dries matte straight away. The only disappointing thing is that you get a tiny amount of product, but for £3.50 you can't really go wrong!


Rimmel Lipstick Lock (£4.99)
I was browsing the Boots website and I saw this product from Rimmel. I wasn't really expecting anything great but I thought it would be interesting to try it anyway. When I first got this I opened it and smelt it...VERY BAD DECISION! It honestly smells like vinegar and I was a little bit scared to put it on my lips to be honest. I decided to test this out with one of my favourite lipsticks; MAC Flat Out Fabulous. When I first applied the lipstick lock onto my lips it stung like mad! I persevered and let it dry, which only took about 15 seconds. I did notice that this made my lipstick last really well throughout my lunch and even my dinner. I was quite impressed, but if you get chapped lips like me then beware because it does sting! I think that I wouldn't repurchase this product again, despite it working as it claims, because I really can't get past how bad this smells:( 

*NEW* Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara (£7.99)
My favourite drugstore mascara brand is definitely Rimmel. I love the Wonder'Full mascara and the Scandal Eyes. I was very excited to try the new Rimmel mascara and I am pleased to say that it did not let me down! It does not clump the lashes, which is always a bonus, and adds a lot of length to the lashes. It dried really quickly which meant that it didn't transfer onto my eyelids (which happens with almost every mascara I own!). I never actually thought I could find a mascara better than the Rimmel Wonder'Full or Scandal Eyes, but this totally blew me away and is my new favourite mascara.


*NEW* Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Devotion, Flirtation and Addiction (£8.99 each)
As you all probably know, I love matte lipsticks. I picked up three matte lip colours from NYX, one from Soap & Glory and three from Revlon which I am going to talk about now! I believe that these are fairly new to the UK. I must say, I am a fan of the packaging as it is really slim and therefore is easy to slip these in your handbag. I find that with all three of these shades you only really need to apply one thin layer to the lips or they don't dry fully matte, which isn't too much of a problem. They are very pigmented and I love the shades that I picked; a pink, coral and purple. They have a velvet texture and sit on the lips nicely, without drying them. 






NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Ruffle Trim, Beauty Mark and Teddy (£6.50 each)
I also picked up three liquid lipsticks from NYX, all of which are of course matte! I could immediately tell that I would get a lot of use from these as all of the shades in the range are nude, and that is basically all I wear on an ordinary day. I have been getting the most wear from Ruffle Trim as it is a dark peach pink nude, which is what I tend to look for in a nude lipstick. The other two shades, Teddy and Beauty Mark, are quite similar. Beauty Mark is a chocolate brown shade and Teddy is also a brown with some slight purple undertones. I would definitely love to try some more of these lip products as I love the shades I have tried so far:) 







Biore Self Heating One Minute Face Mask (£7.99)
I decided to buy a few new skincare bits, as I really want to change up the products I use and see if there are any better ones out there. I decided to pick up some Biore products as I have heard a lot of great things about their brand in general. You only need to leave these masks on for one minute, so that's a bonus if you don't have a lot of time on your hands. I love when you apply this onto your face it warms up almost instantly, it is so relaxing! You only get four sachets in this box so if you do a mask once a week, like me, then it will last you for a month. It works out as roughly £2 per mask and I don't think that is too bad! 


Biore Charcoal Pore Minimiser (£5.99)
The second thing I got from Biore is the Charcoal Pore Minimiser. I must say, I love the smell of all the Biore products as they're not too heavily scented but still smell really good. This product absorbs excess oil really well and the little micro beads cleanse the skin leaving pores visibly smaller, so it really does work! This is not something to use everyday as it could irritate the skin, so I have been using it twice a week. 

Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (£7.99)
In the box you get 6 pore strips, so like the face masks I have been using one strip each week and then the box will last just over one month. I tried some really cheap pore strips from Boots and they didn't really do anything, so I was really excited to see if these ones worked. I love peeling the strips off my nose after ten minutes, and I was actually shocked to see how much dirt was clogging my pores! Along with using the Charcoal Pore Minimiser, I have definitely noticed that my pores appear smaller in size and feel cleaner too. 


Biore Charcoal Cleanser (£4.99)
This is one of my favourite drugstore cleansers that I own. It is really gentle on the skin and lathers really well. It has the distinct Biore scent and after using this cleanser for just over a week I already noticed that my skin looked a lot healthier. 

Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Spray (£15.00)
This isn't technically a drugstore purchase but I wanted to include it anyway. I was so happy when I found this in Tesco and the scent that I chose smells absolutely gorgeous. On the Tesco website it is actually slightly cheaper than in store, so I will definitely be buying a few more scents from their website soon! 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments what your most recent purchase was:) 


Until next time, 
Emily xo 

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik