Wednesday, 6 April 2016

£30 Spring Makeup Look Challenge

Hello everyone!

When I first started my blog I did a £20 makeup challenge but the post is now deleted, and I thought that I would do a slightly higher budget because makeup is so expensive nowadays! Today I thought that I would re do the post, but it is going to be a Spring themed tutorial. I did a Spring makeup look a few weeks ago but I did use some high end products, and it definitely didn't total to under £30!

I thought that I would do this a little bit differently by choosing products that are already in my collection, so that I don't have to buy new products that I will never use again, and then I will add up all of the costs of the products and hopefully it all comes to under £30.

Foundation: Barry M Flawless Matte Finish foundation (£5.99)
I tried this foundation a little while ago and I really wasn't a fan. But, I decided to give it another go to see if I could get it to work. The shade I have is Ivory and that is the perfect match for my pale skin at the moment. The formula is very creamy and it does offer a medium coverage. To get a full coverage look you do need several layers of this foundation. I don't hate this foundation, but I don't love it either. 

Concealer: MUA Pro Base Prime & Conceal palette (£4.00)
I have talked about this little palette before, and I get so much use from it! It contains five different colour correcting shades; for covering dark circles to redness. I have actually hit pan on the green shade (used for correcting redness) and have used a lot of the other shades too. These concealers are creamy and blend in well, they also sit nicely on the skin and aren't heavy or greasy. This palette is an absolute gem and it is a staple in any makeup bag. 

Blush: Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick in Matte Dream (£2.50)
I featured two of these MUR blush sticks in my quick makeup for when you're in a hurry post (read here). I love that these can be used either wet or dry and they can be used on both the lips and cheeks. I probably could have saved some of my budget by using this on the lips as well as the cheeks, but I had enough money in my £20 budget to get a separate lip colour. When using blush sticks in general I like to use my fingers to dab them onto the apples of my cheeks. I usually find that they apply patchily with a brush, so using my fingers gives a flawless rosy finish. 


Eye Shadow: NYC Quad in Best Of Broadway (£2.99)
For some reason, the Superdrug website no longer stocks NYC and I don't think the store does  either. You can still buy this on Amazon, however, and in the time that I have owned this I have got a LOT of use from it. I was really surprised when I first bought this, all that time ago, because I wasn't expecting it to be as good as what it is. The four shadows are perfect for creating an everyday eye shadow look. The shadows are easy to blend and well pigmented too. I would say if you can get your hands on this then definitely go for it! The quads from NYC also remind me of those from Wet N Wild:) 

Mascara: W7 Thick Em' Up (£4.95)
I don't think I have mentioned this mascara on my blog before, and to be honest I haven't really used it up until now. It's under £5 so it is great if you are on a budget, but I do have other drugstore mascaras that work a lot better than this. The formula is a little to wet for my liking, and that means that when you apply this to your lashes it does transfer both under and above my eye lid. The bristles are a little too stiff and means that it isn't easy to get right into the shorter lashes in the inner corner. I will use this mascara up because it adds volume to the lashes, but it isn't my favourite!


Lips: Maybelline Color Elixir in Petal Plush (£6.99)
I wanted to use a matte lipstick in this look, but I didn't just want to use the same products in every single post that I do. So, I decided to switch it up and use one of the Maybelline Color Elixir's. I haven't used these in so long but Petal Plush is the perfect Spring pink and I am sure that I will get a lot of use out of this in the next few months.

That is my budget friendly Spring makeup look, and you will be pleased to know that it totaled in at under £30... The grand total of this look, not including brushes and tools, is £27.42. I think I would have really struggled to try and keep the look under £30, but under £30 isn't too bad for a full face of makeup!

Shop this look: Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Foundation (£5.99) // MUA Pro Base Prime and Conceal Palette (£4.00) // Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick in Matte Dream (£2.50) // W7 Thick Em' Up Mascara (£3.99) // Maybelline Color Elixir in Petal Plush (£6.19)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik