Sunday, 24 April 2016

GRWM | Wedding

Hello everyone!

I was at a wedding last night and I thought that I would talk through all of the products I used to get ready as well as my outfit.

Skincare/Hair Products...
I wanted to apply a gradual tanner the night before the wedding so I exfoliated my whole body using a Soap & Glory body scrub. I have recently been using the Aveeno body wash and moisturiser as I have been suffering from really dry skin. Once I had let the Aveeno moisturiser soak into my skin, I then applied a layer of the Dove Summer Glow gradual tanner. I like this tanner because it is very natural looking.

For my hair I use the Regis Olive Oil shampoo (£8.49) and conditioner (£8.99). I recently got quite a bit of length took off my hair at one of the Regis salons and the lady that was doing my hair used the same shampoo and conditioner. I bought a bottle of each and use them every time I wash my hair, both products smell amazing! 

My Makeup...
I actually washed my makeup brushes the day before the wedding because I feel like my makeup applies a lot better with clean brushes. I just used a cheap drugstore face wash and the MAC Brush Cleanser afterwards to get out any other dirt. 

For my day time makeup I kept it fairly neutral. I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish primer along with the Lasting Finish foundation and Clear Complexion pressed powder. I then took the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara as I do like to comb through my brows so that I can set them into place. I have recently been loving the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt palette and this is what I used to contour. I love that it is a cream formula but it sets as a powder, which means that it lasts a lot longer than a regular powder contour. For blush I used Benefit Rockateur, I have been using this quite a bit as I think it's the perfect peach blush for Spring.







On my eyes I used the MAC Bare Study paint pot along with the Zorba eyeshadow from the Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless palette. I didn't really do too much for my eye shadow because I wanted to keep my makeup fairly neutral, and this eyeshadow is just a really pretty champagne shade. I then used the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara, I have really been loving this mascara as it adds a lot of volume to the lashes. I then decided to apply some of the Fleur De Force false lashes because I wanted a little bit of extra volume and length, then I applied another coat of mascara.




Finally, on my lips I used the LUSH bubble gum lip scrub to make my lips really smooth and ready to apply a matte lipstick. I then applied the Kylie Lip Kit lip liner and liquid lipstick in the shade Dolce K. I have been obsessed with my two lip kits and gloss ever since they came. There is a review coming up on my blog next week where I talk all about them!


I finished off my makeup by spraying some of the L'Oreal Infallible fixing mist. I had heard that this really makes your makeup last a lot longer, and it definitely did. I bought this because I knew that I wouldn't have time to re do my whole makeup look, and so I needed something to make it last all day and night.

For my night time makeup I touched up my base makeup by just applying a little bit of the Clear Complexion powder so that any oiliness was sorted out. I then re applied my lipstick, the same NYX Lip Lingerie as I used for the day time. I didn't really have enough time to re do all of my makeup so I just did a few little touch ups and I was good to go!

My Outfit...
My dress was from the Michelle Keegan range at Lipsy (you can find it here). It was £65, so not too pricey, and I love the black lace design on the top half of the dress. The dress is high neck, sleeveless and is a gorgeous nude colour. I absolutely love this dress and I will be wearing this whenever I get the chance!



On my feet I wore my River Island boots. I wear these all the time because they are surprisingly really comfortable and they look great too. I decided not to get new shoes because I knew that these would be comfy to wear all day. You can find the boots here on the RI website.

I needed a little clutch bag to put my phone and makeup in. I already had a glitter gold clutch and so I decided to use that. It was from Dorothy Perkins and they no longer sell it. Below I have listed a few similar clutch bags;

  • Boohoo Anne Glitter Envelope Clutch, £12.00 (here)
  • I found one from eBay that looks similar, £9.99 (here)

I finished off my look by dusting some of the LUSH Fairy Dust dusting powder. I used an old powder brush to dust this on my arms and legs. It gives a beautiful glow and smells just like snow fairy too. 

I was planning on wearing a different dress for the night time of the wedding, but I just decided to wear the same one because I absolutely love it:)

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what other things you would like to see on my blog in the future!

Shop this post: Aveeno Body Wash (£9.59) // Aveeno Moisturiser (£7.65) // Regis Olive Oil Shampoo (£8.49) // Regis Olive Oil Conditioner (£8.99) // Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer (£6.99) // Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation (£7.99) // Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder (£3.99) // NYX Tinted Brow Mascara (£5.50) // L'Oreal Infallible Contour Kit (£9.99) // Benefit Rockateur Blush (£23.50) // MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (£16.00) // Makeup Revolution Beyond Flawless Palette (£8.00) // Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara (£5.99) // Fleur De Force Simply Fleur Lashes (£5.95) // Kylie Lip Kit in Dolce K ($29.00) // L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray (£7.99) // Lipsy Michelle Keegan Sleeveless High Neck Lace Dress (£65.00) // River Island Ankle Boots (£50.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik