Sunday, 17 April 2016

Overrated Beauty Products

Hello everyone!

In this blog post I am going to be sharing with you some of the products which I think are overrated. All of the products I mention in this post have been tried and tested by me, and they just didn't really work as well as expected.

Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (£4.19)
A lot of people will probably hate me for saying this, but I really don't like the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer! I find that when I apply this under the eyes it goes patchy straight away and creases really badly. It is really unflattering on me, but most of you probably don't like it. I have heard a lot of good reviews on this but I have also heard a few bloggers saying that they don't like it either. Let me know what you think of this concealer if you have tried it:) 


Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara (£7.99)
It's not that I don't like this mascara, it's just it was really hyped up about and when I tried it I didn't like it THAT much. I do use this every so often because I don't want to waste it, but it is not one of my favourites. It can be a little clumpy at times and I really don't like that look, although some people do. I also find that the formula is really wet so whenever I attempt to use this it transfers all over my face! Let me know how you got on with this mascara because I know that most people do like this mascara... What am I doing wrong?!


Collection Lasting Perfection foundation (£5.99)
Two out of 5 products from this post are from Collection. I do usually like their products, but unfortunately both of these didn't really work for me. I bought the Lasting Perfection foundation because I had heard a few people say that they really liked this. I found that this foundation was very cakey, offered no coverage and sunk into fine lines and pores.


Urban Decay Primer Potions 
With one of my Urban Decay palettes I got 4 samples of the famous primer potions. It is not the fact I don't like these primers, they are just really overrated. I have used up a few of the samples and I will continue to use the samples I have left, but there are so many other primers that are just as good if not better. Everybody used to talk about these as if they were an essential, but I much prefer my trusty Maybelline Colour Tattoos and MAC Paint Pots. 

NYX Butter Glosses (£5.00 each)
The NYX butter glosses are fairly new to my makeup collection. I did talk about these in a previous post and I mentioned that they were a little sticky for my liking. I usually go for matte lipsticks, and so I am not a huge fan of glosses anyway. These were so hyped up that I felt I just needed to try a few to see what they're all about. I will continue to use these because I can set them with a translucent powder to make them matte, but if you don't like really sticky glosses then these are definitely not for you! On another note, these glosses smell absolutely incredible:) 




Let me know if you tried any of the products I mentioned in this post, I would love to know if you feel the same about them?!

Shop this post: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) // Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (£7.99) // Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation (£5.99) // Urban Decay Primer Potion (£16.00) // NYX Butter Glosses (£5.00)

Until next time, 
Emily xo

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik