Sunday, 3 April 2016

Reviewing My Makeup Collection | Products I Forgot About

Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago I was sorting my makeup collection out. I realised just how many products that I forgot I even owned, and today I am going to share with you some of the products which I have re discovered!

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara (£8.99)
When I found this mascara hiding away in the bottom of my mascara collection, I couldn't actually remember if I liked this or not. I took the mascara off that I was wearing at the time, and as soon as I applied it I fell back in love with this! I forgot how much I used to love this mascara. It adds lots of volume to the lashes and lengthens them too, it honestly looks like I'm wearing falsies when I wear this. 

Korres Black Volcanic Minerals Mascara (£15.00)
This is the second mascara in this post, and definitely not the last either! I try out so many new mascaras that old favourites get pushed to the back of my collection and forgotten about. The second mascara is something that I used only a handful of times when I first got it. With just one coat it adds lots of volume to the lashes, but it does have a tendency to clump. I will use this up because it is an okay mascara, but I wouldn't repurchase in a hurry.

CODE FFL (£18.00)
I have two mascara type products that I forgot about both from the same brand, CODE Beautiful. CODE FFL is something that you put on your lashes before the mascara. I remember when I first got both this product and the mascara, I would use it every single day but because I have been trying new mascaras it ended up in the back of my collection and I completely forgot just how good both these products are! Just this product alone adds volume and length to the lashes. The comb is designed so that it coats each individual lash evenly and really thickens it. You can totally use this product by itself too if you want a more natural looking eye look:) 

CODE VLM Mascara (£19.95)
CODE VLM is the actual mascara, and applying this after the FFL adds that extra bit of volume to the lashes. It has fibres in it and lifts the lashes coating them evenly to create a false lash effect. I have talked about how I like to use this mascara in previous blog posts, but that was a long time ago now! So, I will just remind you that I like to start at the root of the lashes and then wriggle the wand through my lashes. I find that this is the best technique when applying both the mascara and the pre mascara treatment. 

MAC Eye Shadows in Satin Taupe and All That Glitters (£13.00 each)
About two days ago I was doing my makeup to go out shopping and I really couldn't decide which eye shadow to use. I wanted to change my eye look up from what I usually wear, and when I was rifling through my eye shadow basket I found these two MAC eye shadows which I completely forgot I even owned! I decided to use both of the shadows because, to be honest, I had only used them a handful of times to start with. Satin Taupe is a frosty shimmery taupe shade, and All That Glitters is a beige peachy shimmer shade. As with all MAC shadows, they are both buttery and blend out really easily. I will be using these a lot more now that I have re discovered them!


Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palettes in Hot Spice and Sugar & Spice (£6.00 each)
A little while ago, I bought two of the Makeup Revolution blush palettes. When I first bought these I got absolutely loads of use from them. But, over time I discovered more cheek products and they got pushed to the back of my collection. The shades in these palettes are stunning and I really need to get them used more! Hot Spice is full of peach blushes and Sugar & Spice is full of pink blushes. I really think that I can get a lot of use out of every single shade in both palettes, and I am going to make sure that I use them!


That is some of the products I have recently rediscovered. If you decide to clear out your makeup, let me know what items you find hiding amongst all your products:)

Shop this post: L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara (£8.99) // Korres Black Volcanic Mineral Mascara (£17.00) // CODE FFL (£18.00) // CODE VLM Mascara (£19.95) // MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow (£13.00) // MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow (£13.00) // Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice (£6.00) // Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Sugar & Spice (£6.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik