Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Updated Makeup Collection 2016

Hello everyone!

Since I did my last makeup collection my collection has grown quite a bit, I thought it would be the perfect time to do an updated makeup collection. I will link all of the non makeup items at the end of this post too.

My dressing table is still the same as last time, from Argos, but I have changed the way I store all of my products. I have recently sorted out all of my dressing table, so it is a little bit organised!

Throughout this post I will be pointing out some of my favourite makeup products as it would be impossible to show you every single product in this post:)

The top of my dressing table...
I have a number of things on the top of my dressing table. Starting with the left hand side I have a photo frame with my signed Justin Bieber Purpose CD cover in. I tried my best to photograph the signature but it was signed in gold Sharpie so it was quite hard to photograph. In front of the photo frame I have my Bluetooth speaker. If you are interested in buying one then I have linked it at the end of this post. 


In the centre of my dressing table I have my main mirror which is the same as the one I had in my previous makeup collection post. In front of the mirror on the left side I have a pot with all of my coloured pens and pencils in. Next to those I have a little jewellery box with all of my everyday jewellery in. In front of the little jewellery box I have a Victoria's Secret body spray and two mini Versace perfumes. And on the right side of the jewellery box I have all of my makeup brushes.

Hidden away behind my main mirror I have an illuminated No7 mirror. I use this to do my makeup but it is actually cracked so I need to buy a new one. 

On the very right side of my dressing table I have a MUJI 5 drawer acrylic drawer. Inside I have all of my lip products. You can actually fit loads of lip products in the drawers because they go really far back. I used to keep my lipsticks in one of my drawers but I bought so many that I can't fit them in there any more! I will show you some more photos of inside the drawers further on in this post.

Inside the first drawer...
In my first drawer I have all of my base products. That is all of my primers, foundations, concealers, powders and setting sprays. 

I have tried quite a few primers and some of my favourite are the Benefit PoreFessional, L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying primer and the Rimmel Lasting Finish primer. 

I don't really have that many concealers, I just like to stick to those which I like. I don't actually like the Collection Lasting Perfection but I still have it because I am trying to use it up. My favourite concealer is the Benefit Boi-ing because it has a really high coverage, although it takes a lot of blending so that it doesn't crease! 

It is actually quite difficult to choose a favourite foundation because all of the ones I own I absolutely love. I really like the Revlon Colorstay in the Winter because it is one of my paler foundations, and I also like the No7 Beautifully Matte for all year round. 

I have tons of the Rimmel Stay Matte powders, so they are obviously my favourites, but I also like the Rimmel Clear Complexion too. I also have a Collection powder and a few other random brands like MUA. 

The only setting sprays I currently own are the L'Oreal Infallible fixing mists. I used to have the MAC Fix+ but it ran out and I haven't repurchased it yet. I just have them slipped in a space between two baskets because I only have 2 so they don't really need a designated container for them. 

Inside the second drawer...
In the second drawer I have all of my cheek products; blushers, bronzers and highlighters. I also have all of my mascaras, eyeliners and brow products in there too. 

In one basket I have all of my mascaras and eye brow products, although I only have about 5 of those! I have absolutely tons of mascaras and one of my favourites is the Rimmel Volume Colourist, which is fairly new. I am also a fan of the Rimmel Scandal Eyes and Benefit They're Real. For eyebrow products, I have a few different brands but my favourite is the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara. 

In the larger basket I have my cheek products. My favourite contour duo is the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt. My favourite blusher is either the Benefit Rockateur or Dandelion. I also have lots more brands including MAC, Korres, Seventeen, Makeup Revolution and Sleek. 

In between the two containers I also have the Smashbox #ShapeMatters palette. I got this for Christmas and I think that this is a great multi use palette; it has a bronzer, contour shade, highlighter, 9 eye shadows and 3 eyebrow products. 

Behind that basket I have a thin container with eye liners in. I don't use them very often, only on special occasions, but I have a few different brands. I have a Soap & Glory Supercat eyeliner, some coloured MUA liners and a few from Korres too. 

Inside the third drawer...
In the final drawer with makeup in I have all of my eye shadows; singles and palettes. 

The first basket has single eye shadows and cream shadows that I use as bases. Some of my favourites are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and a golden shade from Korres. 

The second basket has all of my palettes and quads in, apart from the Makeup Revolution palette that is slipped at the back of the drawer. Inside the basket I have the Naked 3 and the Naked Smoky, as well as a big MAC palette and a MAC quad. I also have a few MUA palettes and a Sleek one.

Inside my MUJI drawers...
I now store all of my lip products in 5 MUJI drawers. Like I said earlier, I used to keep them inside my dressing table but my collection has grown so much that I can't fit them all in. On top of the MUJI drawers I have two lipstick holders. The one on the left has all of my MAC lipsticks and the one on the right has my I Heart Makeup lipsticks. My favourite MAC lipsticks are Brave, Angel and Flat Out Fabulous.


I have my lipsticks slightly colour co-ordinated so that it is really easy for me to find a certain shade of lipstick.

The top drawers has all of my nude lipsticks in. This is the drawer that I tend to lean towards the most because I find that all of the shades are very easy to wear every day.

In the next drawer I have all of my pink lipsticks. I don't really wear many of the shades from this drawer, but I still have quite a few!

Then below that I have coral lipsticks. This is the drawer that I lean mostly towards in the Summer.

In the second to last drawer there is all of my darker lipstick shades; so purples and reds. I love this drawer for the Winter and Autumn time.

Finally, in the last draw I have lots of random tools like tweezers, nail scissors and sharpeners. 

Nordic Dressing Table (£129.99 from Argos)
Dressing table mirror (£24.99 from Argos)
No7 Illuminated Mirror (£49.99 from Boots)
Makeup brush holder (£2.00 from Ikea)
MUJI Acrylic Box 5 Drawers (£24.95 from MUJI)
Photo frame with signed Justin Bieber CD cover (£1.50 from Asda)
Gear4 HouseParty Go! 2 Bluetooth speaker (£99.99 from Argos)
Draw organisers (£1.58+ from Lakeland)

I hope you enjoyed my updated makeup collection post. Let me know what other posts you would like to see next on my blog:)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik