Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Everyday Makeup Brushes

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be talking about the makeup brushes that I use on an everyday basis, and what exactly I use them for. I talk a lot about makeup products on my blog, but I don't really talk about the brushes and tools that I use. I thought that this would be a really good post as I can dedicate it to makeup brushes, rather than actual makeup products.

NOTE: 90% of the brushes I used are Real Techniques!

Primer: It may seem a bit strange, but I actually use a makeup brush for applying primer. I don't really like touching my face too much, so I use the B. Cosmetics Finishing Brush (basically a stippling brush!) just to blend out the primer. I know that a lot of people use their hands to apply primer, but I just like using a brush.

Foundation: For foundation I either use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or the Buffing Brush. I love both of these brushes for foundation as they are really dense and perfect for blending in foundation. I only ever use liquid foundation, so these are perfect for that!

Concealer: For concealer I actually use the Real Techniques Foundation Brush which is from the Core Collection Set. The reason I don't use this brush for foundation is because it is absolutely tiny and if I used this for foundation then it would take hours to blend it in!

Powder: My favourite powder brush is the Real Techniques Powder Blush. I also love the B. Cosmetics powder brush. I love using a big fluffy brush for powder as I just like to sweep the powder all over my face.

Contour: I use two different brushes for contour. I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply the contour shade all, and then I buff that out using the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. The Sculpting Brush is really dense, so it gives a flawless looking contour.

Blush: I like using the Real Techniques Blush Brush for blusher. This is an oval shaped brush which fits really nicely on the apples of my cheeks, applying blusher evenly.

Highlight: I have been looking for a fan brush to use for highlighter, but for the moment I have been using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This brush isn't as big as the B. Cosmetics one that I use for primer, so it is really good for applying highlight onto the cheekbones.

Eyes: I use a range of brushes for my eye makeup. I love the Real Techniques Eye Starter set, which includes 5 different eye brushes. I also like the brushes that come with the Urban Decay Naked 3, Naked Smoky and Alice Through The Looking Glass palettes.


Eyelash Curlers: I am not really too picky when it comes to eyelash curlers. I have been using some from NYX recently, but I am not really bothered about the brand as long as they do the job!

Other: I also have the Real Techniques Setting Brush which I like to use if I have any makeup mishaps. If I get mascara on my skin, for example, then I like to take a little bit of powder onto this brush to clean up my foundation.

Let me know which brushes you use in the comments! And, do you have any fan brush recommendations?

Shop this post: B. Cosmetics Finishing Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Core Collection (£21.99) // Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Powder Brush (£12.99) // B. Cosmetics Powder Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Sculpting Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Stippling Brush (£11.99) // Real Techniques Eye Starter Set (£20.99) // Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (£38.50) // Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (£38.50) // Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette (£43.00) // NYX Eyelash Curlers (£5.00) // Real Techniques Setting Brush (£7.99)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik