Sunday, 5 June 2016

Summer Beauty Life Hacks

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be sharing with you some of my favourite Summer beauty life hacks. I always love reading these types of posts, so I will definitely be doing more in the future!

Tip #1: Tackling shine
I always go through so many matte pressed powders in the Summer time because my skin gets so oily. One tip that I want to share is that if you have oily skin like me, it is best if you switch to an oil free moisturiser so that your skin doesn't get too oily. Many people think that you shouldn't moisturise during the Summer time, but you definitely still should!

Tip #2: Uses for melted lipsticks 
I always get a few lipsticks that end up melting in the Summer heat. If this happens to you then you can still use them. Liquid lipsticks are definitely growing more popular in the beauty industry (I have actually been loving liquid lipsticks recently!) and this is just a really easy way to save those melted lipsticks.

Tip #3: Cream blush 
I love a good powder blush but in the Summer I always switch to cream blushes because I find that they last longer on the skin. One of my favourite cream blushes is the Sleek Creme to Powder Blush in French Rose. These are really good because they apply like a cream, but set as a powder. Blush tints are also really good for the Summer time, Benefit Cosmetics do some really nice ones:)

Tip #4: Achieving a dewy finish 
In the Summer I love it when my foundation is really glowy and dewy on my skin. Some of my favourite foundations don't have a dewy finish that is perfect for the Summer, but don't worry about that because you can create your own dewy foundation! I like mixing a liquid highlighter in with my foundation, like the B. Popping Candy Highlighting Serum, and this creates a gorgeous glowy finish.

Tip #5: Lip balm with SPF 
There is nothing worse than sun burnt lips! I always like to carry around a hydrating lip balm with SPF so that I can make sure that my lips are always hydrated and protected. I would suggest Carmex lip balms because they do have SPF in them and are really soothing on the lips.

Tip #6: BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers 
BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers are perfect for the warmer months as they are really light on the skin. Most BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers provide some sort of sun protection and there are many that don't feel really greasy and heavy on the skin. My favourite CC cream is the Korres Wild Rose CC Cream as it is really light and offers a natural coverage.

Tip #7: Waterproof mascara
In the heat it is very easy for mascara to melt and run all down your face, but waterproof mascara can prevent this. One of my favourite waterproof mascaras is

Tip #8: Soothe sunburn with aloe vera 
Freeze aloe vera in ice cube trays and then if you get sunburn you can just pop them out the freezer and rub them anywhere you are sun burnt. Being sunburnt is so painful, and this just helps to soothe the skin.

Tip #9: Fixing a bad fake tan 
We have all been in a situation where you apply fake tan, but it clings to dry patches and looks really bad. Do not fear! If you find yourself in this situation then simply mix lemon juice, baking soda and water together. Then apply this anywhere you want to remove the fake tan and you're good to go:)

Tip #10: Prevent blisters 
I hate when you're wearing new shoes and you end up with blisters after an hour of wearing them. If you have new shoes and fear that you will get blisters on your feet, rub some deodorant. I was so surprised that this hack actually worked. I am not sure what makes it work, but I will definitely be using this trick a lot more.

I hope that you learnt some new hacks from this post. Let me know in the comments if you try any of them out!

Until next time,
Emily xo 


 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik