Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette | Tutorial

Hello everyone!

I wanted to start doing more 'tutorial' type posts on my blog. I started off the series with a glam bronze makeup look using the MAC Warm Neutrals palette (read it here!) and today I am going to be doing a look using the new Urban Decay palette. I have worn this look a few times and I really wanted to share it with you because I think that the eye shadows go well together, and this can be worn for both day time and night time.

I started off the look by priming my face using the B. Cosmetics Popping Candy Highlighting Serum. I love this primer because it adds a glow to the skin without looking oily. You can also mix this with your foundation but I prefer to wear it underneath. I have been loving dewy skin recently so I haven't been using too many mattifying products.

For foundation I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation. I used this foundation in my previous makeup tutorial too. This is my go to Summer foundation, so it will be featuring in a LOT of posts throughout the Summer time! I love that this foundation has SPF, so it has coverage and sun protection all in one. This is definitely a full coverage foundation, but it is perfect for Summer as it isn't as heavy as other full coverage foundations.

I have recently been trying out a new concealer by NYX. I picked up the shade Fair in the NYX Full Coverage Concealer, which is a little bit too light for me, and I have been using it under my eyes to cover dark circles. There is a similar concealer that was created to cover dark circles but this one has been working really well for me. It has a very good coverage as it is a little bit thicker. If you are going to use this under the eyes, like me, then make sure to blend it really well as it does crease if you don't blend it well enough.

I then lightly dusted a little bit of the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder all over my face. I used to be a big fan of the Stay Matte, but I have been loving the dewy look recently.

I wanted to use a blush that I hadn't really used in a while, so I decided to go for the Benefit Dandelion blush. I haven't used this in so long, but it really reminded me how much I loved this blush. It is a very pretty pink shade with a slight shimmer running through it.


For contour I decided to go with the Sleek Face Form Palette in Light. I only used the contour shade from this palette. This is another product which I haven't used in a while, but I love contouring with the palette as the shade is really pigmented and applies really evenly. I have been trying a few cream contour products recently, but I much prefer powder contour!


I then applied the Benefit High Beam to my cheekbones. I love the glow that this highlighter gives! I like to just take a little bit of the product onto my finger and then pat it onto my cheekbones, as I find that using a brush tends to apply it a little patchily. You can also mix this in with your foundation if you want to have that all over glow.

I have been loving the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara recently. I don't tend to do much with my eyebrows anyway, so this is the perfect product that just adds a slight tint to the brows. I did use other brow mascaras before I discovered the NYX one, and I don't think I will ever use another brand again!

I started off my eye look by applying the Maybelline Leather Effect Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige. This is a matte base and I think it is the perfect shade to start off any eye look with. I do normally use the MAC Bare Study Paint Pot to prime my eyes, but I have been trying to use up different bases instead. I then took the Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette which I am OBSESSED with! I didn't really know what look I was going with when I started off my makeup, but I love how my eye makeup turned out:) I began with Doormouse and blended it well into the crease and the outer corner. I then decided to darken that up using the shade Chessboard. I took Chessboard into the outer corner and half way into the crease because I love a good matte transition shade. I then took the shade Gone Mad into the outer corner. With this shade I added a little bit at a time, gradually building up the colour. I took Gone Mad a little bit into the crease too. Finally, I took the shade Royal Flush on my finger and pressed it onto the inner portion of my eyes. This created a lovely highlight look.


I have been loving the Rimmel ScandalEyes mascara recently. I used to love this mascara, and I now remember why! It gives a lot of volume as well as length to the lashes. It does not clump at all, and I believe that it has fibres in too.

I wanted to use a lipstick that I don't use that often, so I decided to go with the KIKO Smart Lipstick in 917 Mauve Pink. This shade is exactly as described, a mauve pink!
Finished makeup look:) 

I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see more posts like this one!

Shop this post: B. Cosmetics Popping Candy Highlighting Serum (£14.99) // Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation (£7.99) // NYX Full Coverage Concealer Jar (£5.50) // Rimmel Clear Complexion Pressed Powder (£3.99) // Benefit Dandelion Blush (£23.50) // Sleek Face Form in Light (£9.99) // Benefit High Beam (£19.50) // NYX Tinted Brow Mascara (£5.50) // Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige (£4.99) // Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette (£43.00) // Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara (£6.99) // KIKO Smart Lipstick in 917 Mauve Pink (£3.90)

Until next time,
Emily xo 

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik