Sunday, 17 July 2016

Summer Proof Makeup

Hello everyone!

Summer has arrived in the UK (finally!) and that means sun, sea and sweat! I still like to wear makeup in the Summer heat, if we actually get any, and I know that a lot of other people do too. Today I am going to be sharing with you my top tips on keeping your makeup looking fresh throughout the Summer heat. At the end of this post I am also going to be sharing my recommendations that are perfect for Summer makeup:)

1. Less makeup is more
I usually like a full coverage makeup look but in the Summer this can be too much as the makeup will just slip around your skin. Wearing lighter makeup like a BB/CC cream is more suitable for the Summer weather as they usually contain SPF and are a lot lighter on the skin.

2. Primer will be your best friend 
I wear a primer under my makeup all year round but this is especially important in the Summer time. Primers are really great as they act as a glue for your makeup, and really extends the longevity of the makeup.

3. Switch out foundation
As mentioned earlier, it is a good idea to wear minimal makeup in the Summer. One way you can do this is by swapping your regular foundation with a BB/CC cream or tinted moisturiser. I find that if I wear a thick foundation in the Summer it cakes up really easily and melts off my face. What I love about BB creams is that they usually have some sort of SPF in them and they aren't too heavy on the skin. They usually offer a light coverage, and if you want a bit more coverage then you can apply concealer on any areas that need covering.

4. Use a setting spray 
I have been trying out a few setting sprays recently in time for the Summer heat (I will share some of my favourites at the end of this post!) and I have found a few that really extend the time that I am able to wear my makeup. I really want to try out some of the Urban Decay setting sprays so let me know in the comments which ones you have tried and what you think of them:)

5. Waterproof
I like to switch out some of my makeup products to waterproof versions, especially when I am going to the beach and I know that I will be going in the sea. There is nothing worse than looking like a panda at the end of the day because your mascara has melted all over your face!

6. Use silicon based products rather than oil based 
Oil based products can make your face look greasy and oily. Instead, switch oil based products with silicon based products. The silicon makes your makeup last longer and it won't make your face look oily.

7. Cream products 
Cream products, such as blushers, will last a lot longer through the heat than powder products will. If you don't like the way that cream products look then you can always set them with powder products afterwards. This will mean that your makeup lasts a LOT longer than powder products on their own.



8. Blotting sheets 
Always carry blotting sheets with you to absorb any excess oil throughout the day. You can also carry a mattifying powder with you, but your makeup may look cakey if you continuously apply it. If you don't have blotting sheets or powder then you can use tissue paper or a napkin instead.

9. Carry your makeup bag with you!
I do this anyway, but it is always good to carry around makeup that you can use to touch up your face throughout the day! I like to carry around the lipstick that I am wearing that particular day, a concealer, pressed powder and lip balm.

Products to consider: Korres Wild Rose CC Cream (£26.00) // Rimmel Stay Matte Primer (£5.99) // Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer (£6.99) // Benefit PoreFessional Primer (£24.50) // L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Primer (£7.99) // L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist (£7.99) // NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray (£7.00) // L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette (£9.99) // Benefit High Beam (£19.50) // B. Cosmetics Whipped Blush in Peach (£5.99) // Sleek Creme To Powder Blush in French Rose (£5.99) // Makeup Revolution The One Blush Stick Collection (£14.99) // MAC Paint Pots (£16.00 each) // Maybelline Colour Tattoos (£4.99 each) // Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) // Collection Lasting Perfection Powder (£4.19) // Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Sticks (£8.00 each)

I hope that you enjoyed this post and that these tips are useful to you! Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the items I recommended:)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik