Sunday, 31 July 2016

What To Do On Long Journeys

Hello everyone!

There is nothing worse than travelling for a long period of time and having absolutely nothing to do. We are coming up to the Summer holidays and many of you will be going on a holiday which requires quite a lengthy journey. In today's blog post I am going to be sharing with you what you can do when you're travelling.

Adult colouring books:
Adult colouring books have become so popular over the past few months. It seems like all bookstores and supermarkets have started selling these really popular colouring books. There are books designed for stress and anxiety; so if you have anxiety about travelling then these books would be perfect! The adult colouring books are sold in stores such as Asda, W H Smith, Waterstones and Amazon. They are all relatively cheap too:)

Books/magazines:
Whenever I travel I always spend a crazy amount of money on magazines. I also love a good book, so I usually take a new book with me too. Taking a book is also really good if you will just be sitting around all day on holiday as you can read your book when sitting around the pool/on the beach. 

Games:
Games are really easy to access on your phone and many can be used without internet access. These are really good as many games are free to buy on the app store. I don't really play that many games on my phone, I prefer to read a good book or watch some YouTube.  

Music/YouTube:
Listening to music can be really fun on a long journey, whether it is the radio or on your phone or iPod. Spotify is a really good app as you can listen to unlimited music and when you first sign up you can get a free trial, after that it is a few pounds a month. This option is way cheaper than buying CD's/buying music from iTunes. I am also obsessed with YouTube so watching a few makeup tutorials would be a great way to pass the time for me. 

Plan blog posts:
If you are a fellow blogger then this one's for you! I love planning and writing blog posts because I love my blog, so you could take a note book with you and write down any blog post ideas that come to your mind whilst travelling or whilst at your destination. Not everyone will want to do this as a holiday is supposed to be for relaxing and taking time out, but I really don't mind because I love being creative and writing for this blog. 

My favourite notebooks to plan blog posts in are from Getting Personal. I would definitely recommend that if you are looking for affordable personalised notebooks then you check out the website. The two I have are the 'Everyone Deserves To Sparkle Book' and 'Hiding Kitten Book'. 

Enjoy the scenery:
Enjoying the scenery whilst travelling is another good way to pass the time, and it's completely free! I love driving through the countryside and absorbing all the beautiful scenes. If you are on an aeroplane then you get some lovely views too. Plus, there is no harm in taking a few Instagram photos on the journey!

Talk to others:
If you are travelling with others then talk to them to pass the time! You could play games, like eye spy, which can be really fun on a long journey. Or, have a big discussion with one another:)

Sleep:
If you are on an overnight journey then this is especially important as you will want to keep your energy levels up so that you can make the most of your holiday. Sleeping is one of the best ways to pass the time!

What do you like to do to pass the time on a long journey? Tell me in the comments. 

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik