Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Summer Makeup Look | Bronze Eye With A Pop Of Colour

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be sharing with you all of the products that I use to create the perfect Summer look. I have been loving a bronze eye look with a pop of colour and a peachy nude lip.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer 
I always use a primer in the Summer time so that I can make sure that my makeup will stay in place all day. I love all of the Rimmel primers but I find that the Lasting Finish one works best on my skin and pairs well with the matching foundation. The consistency isn't too think and really hydrates the skin at the same time.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation 
This foundation is my all time favourite and it's perfect for Summer too. It has SPF 20 so it offers protection from the sun, and it has a really good coverage. With this foundation one pump covers everything. I talk about this a lot on my blog but I really do love the foundation. The longevity is incredible; at the end of the day my makeup always looks just as good as when I first put it on.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 
The Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is really great for covering up under eye bags and brightening the under eye area at the same time. I am actually running really low on this so I need to repurchase. Definitely a staple in my makeup collection!

NYX HD Finishing Powder 
I have been loving this setting powder recently. It is a loose powder so it is a little bit messy to apply, but it makes the skin look flawless. It is really lightweight and feels like velvet on the skin! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a new loose powder which is under £10 but is REALLY good quality.

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Duo 
I usually like a very strong, dark contour but I have recently been loving a more subtle contour. The Maybelline Master Sculpt is amazing for creating a subtle defined contour. It does not apply patchy at all and is not orange either, which some contour shades tend to be. I don't, however, use the highlighter shade as I do prefer something with a little more sheen.

Makeup Revolution Highlighter Lights Palette 
This is my all time favourite highlighter palette, all three shades are absolutely gorgeous! I get the most use from the centre shade which is a gorgeous rose gold shade. All three of the shades in this palette add a beautiful sheen to the cheeks but the centre shade is my favourite. The only thing I would say about these highlighters are that you need to apply them really sparingly as they are very pigmented and shimmery, but I am not complaining!

Sleek Rose Gold Blush
The Sleek Rose Gold blush is my favourite Summer cheek shade. I'm sure that you will all have seen this blush before. But if you haven't, it is a gorgeous rosey pink shade with lots of gold glitter in it. I love shimmery blushes for the Summer time as they look gorgeous when they catch the light, but shimmery blushes may not be for everyone. 


MAC Bare Study Paint Pot 
Now it's time for the eye makeup! I always prime my eyes using a cream shadow, usually the MAC Paint Pot. This creates the perfect base for my eye shadows and stops them from creasing and wearing off during the day. 

MAC Warm Neutrals Palette 
I wanted to create a classic bronze/gold eye look with a pop of colour, so the MAC Warm Neutrals Palette had the perfect shades in for the look I was going for. I took the shade Saddle and worked that into the crease. I then mixed the shades Amber Lights and Divine Decadence together to create a really pretty golden brown shade. Finally I applied the shade Hey on my inner corner to make my eyes look really awake and brightened. 

Hard Candy Single Eye Shadow in Wild One 
To finish off my eye shadow I decided to add a pop of colour to the lower lash line using the Hard Candy Wild One eye shadow. I had never used this eye shadow before creating the look but I will definitely be using it a lot more as it is a gorgeous teal blue shade which has great pigmentation. The texture of the shadow is very soft and blends out really well. 

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara 
I used the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara which is my favourite mascara at the moment. I have talked about this mascara in multiple posts before so I am not going to keep going on about it. If you are looking for an affordable mascara that adds a lot of length and volume to the lashes then this is definitely the one to go for. 

NYX Tinted Brow Mascara 
I already have quite thick eye brows so I don't really do too much to them, apart from brushing through them using a brow mascara. This is really great if you don't want to fill them in but you still want to do a little bit to them and set them into place. 

NYX Lip Lingerie in Ruffle Trim 
I decided to go for a peachy nude lip, of course I chose the NYX Ruffle Trim liquid lipstick. I have talked about the NYX Lip Lingerie's on my blog a few times so you all know how much I love them! The formula is really creamy, they apply really smoothly and last really well on the lips. 


NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray 
I finished off the look using a NYX setting spray. In the Summer time a setting spray is a MUST to keep my makeup looking flawless all day. I also really like that this NYX setting spray is mattifying so it helps combat shine. 

 The finished look... And, yes, I am aware that I look very serious haha :)

That is my Summer makeup routine, I hope that you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments what your staple Summer makeup products are. 

Until next time, 
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik