Monday, 22 August 2016

The Ride Or Die Makeup Tag

Hello everyone!

Jaclyn Hill recently created a new makeup tag and I knew that I just had to join in on the fun and do it on my blog too! This is honestly the hardest thing that I have ever had to do as I could only choose one product from each category. If you decide to do this tag then make sure to leave a link in the comments as I would love to see your ride or die products:)

Primer: Benefit PoreFessional
This is probably the only product that was fairly easy to choose. The Benefit PoreFessional primer has been used and loved by me for about 2 years now. It has all of the things that I look for in any primer; mattifying and pore filling.

Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr
Choosing just one foundation was very difficult as I love testing out new foundations. I always look for a full coverage foundation which is going to last all day, and the Rimmel Lasting Finish is definitely that! This foundation sits really well on my skin and offers the perfect full coverage look. Despite being full coverage, it still looks very natural. The foundation does claim to last 25 hours, which I can't really comment on because I have never worn my makeup for that long, but it does last a good 8 hours which I think is pretty good.  

Concealer: Rimmel Wake Me Up
Writing this post has reminded me that I desperately need to repurchase this mascara, there is the tiniest amount of product left in the tube. This concealer has very mixed opinions but it is honestly the best in my eyes. It is a medium coverage concealer so it isn't too heavy on the skin, and therefore it's perfect for under the eyes. It gives a very radiant finish and that is why it works really well on my under eye area, as I have quite a dull eye area. The consistency of this concealer is really creamy and blends easy without creasing.

Pressed Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
It is no surprise that the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is my all time favourite pressed powder. I have went through countless amounts of this powder, and I will continue to use it in my everyday makeup routine. It is very mattifying without looking cakey on the skin, and this is very important for me as I do have oily/combination skin. I have heard mixed reviews about this powder too, but I obviously love it or I wouldn't have featured it in this post:) 

Under Eye Setting Powder: NYX HD Finishing Powder 
I absolutely love this loose finishing powder from NYX. I love to set my under eye area with powder as it is extremely lightweight. This powder feels like satin on the skin as it is super soft. I have been a fan of this powder only for a few months, but it tops every other loose setting powder I have ever tried.  

Highlight: Makeup Revolution Highlighter Lights Palette
When it comes to highlight I really like something with a lot of shimmer and sheen to it. I love when my highlight catches the sun and glows. This Makeup Revolution highlighter palette comes with three gorgeous highlight shades which all have lots of shimmer to them. For a palette that is under £8, the pigmentation is absolutely insane! I love all of the shades in this palette and I would definitely say that it is a staple in my collection.
Blush: Benefit Rockateur
The blush that I reach for the most often is Rockateur, so there is no doubt that it is my all time favourite blush. Rockateur is my perfect everyday blush which gives a pretty flush of rose gold to the cheeks. I am not that keen on the scent of this blush but that is completely overweighed by the pigmentation and longevity of the blush itself. This pairs really well with a pretty highlight as it already has a really nice sheen to it.


Contour: L'Oréal Infallible Sculpt Palette
For contour, there was no doubt in my mind which product I would be choosing. The only contour product that I have found no negatives about is the L'Oréal Infallible Sculpt. I'm not keen at all on the highlight shade but the contour shade is absolutely amazing. It is a cream to powder product which lasts a lot longer than a typical powder product does. I find that you do have to work quickly with the product as it sets quite fast, but it is really easy to blend out and the texture is very creamy and buttery. When it sets to a powder finish, it feels very powdery and soft to the touch.

Eye Shadow Base: MAC Bare Study Paint Pot
I always like to prime my eyes using a cream product before applying any eye shadow as I do have quite veiny eyelids. I do really like the Maybelline Colour Tattoos but I LOVE the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study. It is really easy to work with as the texture is very creamy. I definitely want to get some more shades as the formula is everything!
Eye Shadow Palette: MAC Warm Neutrals Palette
I was really torn between a few different palettes when it came to writing this section of the post. However, the palette that I always go back to time and time again is the MAC Warm Neutrals. I only really do neutral eye looks as I find that they are the easiest to wear, so they palette is perfect for me. I love MAC eye shadows and this palette definitely does not disappoint. There is a huge range of shadows in this palette so there is definitely something for everyone. I can honestly say that I use every single shadow in this palette, and that is not often something that I say about palettes. Usually there are shades in a palette that I will never ever use but this is not the case with this palette:)

Eyeliner: Soap & Glory Supercat Felt Tip
I don't wear eye liner that often but when I do it will be the Soap & Glory Supercat Felt Tip. This eye liner is really easy to work with and glides really evenly on the skin. When doing winged eyeliner (or any sort of eyeliner for that matter!) this is definitely the easiest option to go with. At first thought you might think that this liner would dry out really quickly but I have had mine open for almost a year and it is still perfectly fine.  

Mascara: Benefit They're Real
Mascara is something that I like to experiment with and try out new things. Out of all the mascaras I have ever tried, the Benefit They're Real is definitely my favourite. The wand is amazing as it allows you to coat every lash evenly. The formula is really great for adding lots of length and volume to the lashes, and the packaging is very simple but pretty. If I had to choose just one mascara then this would definitely be it!


Eye Brow Gel: NYX Tinted Brow Mascara
I don't really use a lot of product on my brows, a simple comb through with a tinted mascara or gel is good enough for me. The NYX Tinted Brow Mascara is my favourite that I have tried so far as it doesn't make my brows crispy and just adds a really nice subtle tint to them.


Lip Liner: MAC Pro Longwear in Etcetera
I only really wear nude lip products as I find that they are the easiest lips to go for, and they go with any eye look. Obviously, because I love nude lips I have a lot of nude lip products from pinky nudes to grey toned nudes and everything in between! That is why the next four categories were the hardest for me. My favourite nude lip liner is from MAC and it is the shade Etcetera. Etcetera is a beige shade which is really easy to pair with other nude lipsticks. The formula is really creamy and glides onto the lips easily.

Lipstick: MAC Satin Finish in Brave
Brave is a little different compared to my usual nude lipsticks as it is more on the pink beige side. I tend to go for a matte lip, so I sometimes like to set this with a translucent powder to make it matte as it is a satin finish lipstick. There were a lot of lipsticks that I could have chose for this section of the post, but Brave has everything that I look for in a lipstick.

Lip Gloss: Kylie Cosmetics Gloss in Literally
This gloss actually goes really well with the MAC lip liner that I mentioned before as they are both similar shades. Before I got this lip gloss I didn't really wear gloss too often. I do find that, because of the way the applicator is designed, too much product is dispensed at once. With the right amount of product, this gloss isn't too sticky on the lips and looks gorgeous. You can see a comparison of Dolce K and Literally below.

Liquid Lip: Kylie Cosmetics Dolce K
Obviously Dolce K would be featured in this post too. Dolce K is probably the lipstick that I reach for the most out of all of my lip products. It is on the darker side of the scale but it is still my favourite. I think that this shade really compliments my complexion well and goes with every single makeup look that I create.
Setting Spray: NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
I have only really tried 3 or 4 setting sprays before so this last section wasn't too difficult. I do really like the L'Oréal Infallible Fixing Mist but this NYX setting spray is my all time favourite. I prefer a matte finish to my makeup and this is really great for keeping my makeup matte all day as well as helping it actually stay on my face. This doesn't leave little white dots of product on my face like other setting sprays I've tried in the past have done, so that is also a bonus!

I hope that you enjoyed reading this post and if you decide to do this tag too then I would love to read it, so leave a link in the comments:)
Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik