Sunday, 21 August 2016

Tropic Skincare Sculpting Palette & Angled Brush | Review*

Hello everyone!

I was recently sent a sculpting palette as well as an angled brush from the brand Tropic Skincare. Today I want to go a little more in depth about both products and share with you my thoughts about both items.


PACKAGING 
The packaging of the palette is very simple and sleek; matte black with a gold logo. Opening and closing the palette is a little bit stiff, but I think this is because it is quite new and hasn't been used that much yet. On the back of the palette there is some information about each shade in the palette and how to use it correctly. Inside the palette there is a very good sized mirror and then there is three sculpting shades. This little palette reminds me of the Sleek face form in light as the shades are very similar and so is the packaging. 

CONTOUR SHADE 
The contour shade is a warm toned matte brown. I like that this isn't extremely pigmented but it does still have some decent pigmentation to it. This allows you to really build up your contour as it is better to start of with a little and gradually add more, rather than adding too much at once and not being able to remove it. 

BLUSH SHADE 
This blusher is a stunning shimmery coral shade and I was so excited to use it when I first saw it. The shade is really pretty and it has great pigmentation, but it is also has quite a chalky texture. I did still give this a go because I wanted to do a full review on the palette and it wasn't the worst blush I have ever used, but it also wasn't the best. 

HIGHLIGHT SHADE 
I really like this highlight as it isn't too 'in your face' but it does still have a really pretty sheen to it. I love how this highlight catches the light. This gives the perfect glow to the skin and is the perfect everyday highlight shade. The texture is really buttery and creamy, and it blends out really nicely on the skin. 

ANGLED BRUSH 
I wanted to put both the palette and angled brush to the test so that I could really give you an honest and in depth review. I decided to apply all three shades in the palette to one side of my face using the angled brush, and then I applied all three shades on the opposite side of my face using my regular makeup brushes. I am going to be really honest here, the angled brush didn't really pick up as much product as my usual brushes do. The bristles, however, are really soft and flexible. I actually really like the sculpting palette so I will continue using it on a daily basis, but the brush wasn't that great in my opinion.

The palette is £24.00 and I honestly prefer the Sleek Face Form as it is less than half of the price and I do use all three shades in the Sleek palette whereas I am only going to use two of the shades from this palette. Don't get me wrong, it is a great little palette for travel as it has everything in it that you could need to finish off your makeup look. But, the blusher just didn't cut it for me. I do love the contour and highlight shades though, and I will be using them on an everyday basis! The brush is really soft and the bristles are really flexible but it didn't really pick up a lot of product which is a slight problem. I will continue testing out both items to see if I can learn to love the blush and brush, but those are my thoughts and opinions so far:)

Let me know in the comments if you have tried either of these products. What did you think?!

Shop this post: Tropic Skincare Sculpting Palette in Coral Blush (£24.00) // Tropic Skincare Bamboo Angled Brush (£14.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik