Sunday, 25 September 2016

Autumn/Winter Lips

Hello everyone!

I love a bold lip in Autumn and Winter time. Today I am going to be sharing with you my favourite bold lipsticks for the colder months.


I Heart Makeup Lip Geek in 'Totally NOT Boring!'
I did a whole blog post on I Heart Makeup lipsticks a few months back. The shade 'Totally NOT Boring!' is a gorgeous plum shade, which has some serious pigmentation! The I Heart Makeup lipsticks are very affordable and there are a very wide range of shades. I usually find that cheaper lipsticks can be hard to apply and drying on the lips, but this one is very creamy and glides on the lips really well. Also, the shade is not patchy whatsoever, which is usually a problem with most darker lipsticks. 

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte Lip in 'Berry Much'
The next lipstick is a matte finish, which is my favourite lipstick finish ever! The Soap & Glory matte lipstick in the shade 'Berry Much' is a deep blue based purple shade. Matte lipsticks can often be very drying on the lips, but this one isn't drying at all. It does apply a little patchily on the lips but this can easily be solved with a second layer. I usually find that 99% of darker lipsticks apply patchily anyways, this is down to the fact that it is harder to get the formula right on darker shades of lipstick.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in 'Addiction'
First of all, I absolutely love the scent of these liquid lipsticks:) 'Addiction' is a purple shade. You only need to apply one thin layer of these, and they dry down matte really nicely. It feels like velvet on the lips and lasts fairly well. If you apply too much product then it won't dry down matte and can look quite patchy. I'm not a huge fan of the applicator and find that it can be a little tricky to apply my lipstick with, so I just take a precise lip brush into the tube instead. 

KIKO Intensely Lavish Lipstick in '05 Heavy Cherry'
This lipstick is from KIKO's holiday collection last year, so it's not available anymore, but I still wanted to include it anyway. The packaging is absolutely stunning; I love anything that's rose gold! The finish of this lipstick is very glossy, but it still lasts just as long as a matte lipstick. Again, the pigmentation is really great and you only need to apply one layer to get an opaque finish. The shade is very pretty and that is the reason why it is one of my favourite Autumn/Winter lipsticks!

MAC Retro Matte in 'Flat Out Fabulous'
I have had Flat Out Fabulous for such a long time now; well over a year. This shade is a very vibrant matte plum shade. The formula is a little drier than usual MAC lipsticks, but it is a matte lipstick so they tend to be on the drier side anyway. Once applied, the lipstick looks gorgeous on the lips. 

MAC Lustre in 'Milan Mode'
This is another one of my very early MAC lipstick purchases. This is a Lustre finish lipstick so the formula is a lot more moisturising and it glides on the lips nicely. It is a sheer lipstick so it isn't completely opaque like the others are, but I really like the effect it gives when on the lips. It's also not as bright at Flat Out Fabulous, and it does have some shimmer to it which is really pretty when it catches the light.

NYX Butter Gloss in 'Red Velvet'
I don't wear glosses that often, but when I do it's more than likely that I'll be wearing a NYX Butter Gloss. Red Velvet is a gorgeous purple red shade (hence the name!) and is very glossy. The NYX Butter Glosses are really moisturising on the lips and apply really smoothly. I do have two other shades but this one is by far my favourite.

Collection Deluxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition'
I have had this lipstick for a really long time but it still remains in my favourite Autumn/Winter lipsticks of all time. Collection is a very affordable brand which is sold in most Boots and some Superdrug's. It is a berry shade with a slight purple undertone to it. The formula is creamy and applies really smoothly to the lips. This one would be great if you suffer from dry lips as it has a sheen to it and doesn't cling to any dry patches.

Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in 'The Redder, The Better'
I have a fair few of the Rimmel Colour Rush Balm's in my makeup collection, all in an array of different shades. 'The Redder, The Better' is a classic red shade. It has a lovely finish which is moisturising and pigmented. I think that this is a great red shade which will compliment any skin tone. 

L'Oreal Color Riche Palette in Red
This palette contains 6 different red lipstick shades, so there is definitely something for everyone. This compact is great for travel as you have lots of different shades of red lipstick as well as a full sized mirror. You also get a little lip brush to apply the lipsticks with, although it's not something I have or will be using. There is everything from a coral toned red, to an orange red and a berry shade. I think that this palette will really compliment every single skin tone, and is perfect for on the go top ups. 


I hope that you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what your go to Autumn/Winter lipsticks are:)


Until next time, 
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik