Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Holiday Collection & Burgundy KyShadow Palette | Review & Swatches

Hello everyone!

I recently placed an order of KylieCosmetics.com for a few of the Holiday pieces and one of her KyShadow palettes. Today I am going to be sharing with you everything I bought; as well as sharing some mini reviews.

Just a quick note that I want to add... I have ordered from Kylie Cosmetics twice before but the shipping this time was particuarly poor, not going to lie! Despite an estimation of 10-15 days shipping I waited about 25 days from my items, and there were other problems such as an expensive customs charge too. I don't want to make this post negative, but I just wanted to briefly mention this before I continue.

Burgundy KyShadow Palette:
I was so excited to be able to purchase this palette, the shades are absolutely perfect for Autumn/Winter time. I can already tell that I will be getting a LOT of use from this palette. You get 9 shadows in total, and the palette retails for $42 (around £35) which works out as just under $5 per shadow. The shadows feel just like velvet and they blend out really easily. They are also really buildable so you can build up the intensity of the shades. 

I am now going to be giving you a run down of each shade; 
  • Naked: champagne satin shimmer
  • Beach: medium warm toned brown matte
  • Penny: warm orange matte
  • LA: copper bronze shade
  • Burgundy: purple burgundy matte
  • Dubai: burgundy shimmer shade
  • Brick: warm toned chocolate brown 
  • New York: dark bronze shimmer shade
  • Almond: warm toned dark brown 



Matte Liquid Lipsticks Mini Kit (Holiday Collection):
This mini kit is so cute! I was determined to get my hands on one of these kits as soon as I saw Kylie's Snapchat. The kit contains 6 mini matte liquid lipsticks, in a whole range of shades. The shades in the kit are as follows;
  • Moon: taupe nude
  • Ginger: warm toned terracotta brown
  • Kristen: warm toned brown berry
  • Angel: warm toned pinky nude
  • Love Bite: rich plum brown
  • Vixen: blackened vamp plum
My favourite shades from the kit so far are Moon, Ginger and Angel. And as with all of the Kylie Jenner lip kits; each shade is very pigmented and glides onto the lips really nicely.



Vixen Lip Kit (Holiday Collection):
I also wanted to buy one of the full sized holiday lip kits, and decided on Vixen which is infused with diamond powder! The shade itself is a vampy plum shade, and I also got a mini version in the mini kit I just talked about. Again, Vixen glides on the lips easily and has great pigmentation. Definitely the perfect plum shade for Winter time. 


Golden Plum Creme Shadow (Holiday Collection):
The final product in this blog post is the Golden Plum Creme Shadow. I had never tried any of the creme shadows from Kylie Cosmetics before, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I love my cream shadows and I love this one too! The formula is immensely creamy and blends out really nicely on the lids. I love wearing this shadow on its own for a quick makeup look, or underneath other shadows.



I hope that you enjoyed this blog post. Have you tried any Kylie Cosmetics products before?

Shop this post: Burgundy KyShadow Palette ($42.00) // Matte Liquid Lipsticks Mini Kit ($36.00) // Vixen Lip Kit ($30.00) // Golden Plum Creme Shadow ($20.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik