Sunday, 15 January 2017

Currently Loving #5

Hello everyone!

I actually cannot believe that my last 'currently loving' post was all the way back in the beginning of October. As you can imagine, I have lots of things to share with you today. I really enjoy doing these blog posts rather than monthly favourites, because some months I have nothing to show and others I have loads to show (and I always forget to upload them too!).

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation:
The first item that I have been loving since about the middle of December is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I absolutely love this foundation and have been using it ever since I got it. The coverage is medium and can be built up to a full coverage, which is personally my desired coverage. I haven't had any problems at all with this foundation so far. At first I thought that the foundation would be really heavy, because the formula is on the thicker side, but it is surprisingly REALLY light weight on the skin. 

Kylie Jenner Liquid Lipstick in Moon:
When Kylie released her holiday collection I ordered a few different bits and pieces. I have been using all of the products and I am really liking them all, but there is one product in particular which I am obsessed with. One of the items I bought was the Mini Lip Kit Collection, which included 6 mini lip shades. I have been wearing the shade Moon pretty much everyday because it is the perfect nude shade. It is very similar to Dolce K, which is a great thing because mine literally just ran out:( You can buy the full sized version of Moon, so I think that I will repurchase the full sized. 

Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush:
I love the Bold Metals collection from Real Techniques, and this is the newest addition to my collection. It is called the Tapered Blush Brush, but I love it for highlight. The bristles are extremely soft and applies powder highlight beautifully. The size is perfect for the top of the cheekbones and I think that it would definitely be perfect for applying blush too.  

Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette:
For Christmas I got the Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette, which I was really excited about. I had read so many amazing reviews on the palette so I was expecting really great things. I have been using the palette since Christmas Day, and I am absolutely in love with it! I have done a separate blog post on the palette too. I love all of the shades because they have a really buttery smooth formula which blends out really nicely. The banana powder (top centre shade) is amazing for under the eyes, and my favourite contour shade is the bottom left hand shade.  


Benefit Roller Lash Mascara:
If you have been reading my blog for a while then you will more than likely know that I really didn't get along with the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. That mascara is a well known dupe for the Benefit Roller Lash, so I really wasn't getting my hopes up for it. I got this mascara in a Benefit set which I received for Christmas, and I actually really love the mascara! I don't know what it is that's different to the Maybelline mascara, but I have been using this for the past few weeks and I haven't found a single fault with it so far. 

LUSH Avobath Bath Bomb:
It wouldn't be a favourites post without mentioning some form of LUSH. I used to love the Avobath bath bomb and used it religiously a few months ago. Then Christmas came around and I started using the LUSH Christmas products, and actually forgot about Avobath! So, I wanted to mention this bath bomb because I have recently re discovered it and I absolutely love it. The scent is just as I remember; very refreshing and uplifting. I was actually thinking of doing a LUSH collection, so let me know if you would like to see that:) 

YSL Black Opium Perfume: 
Another item I received for Christmas is my all time favourite perfume, the YSL Black Opium. I received a gift set which contained a 50ml perfume and a miniature 7.5ml bottle. I love this scent because it is very luxurious and is one of the only scents that I can actually still smell on me at the end of the day. I always get complements when I wear this perfume, and I think that it really suits me. The miniature bottle is great for on the go and I currently have it in my handbag! 

Zoella Homemade Treats Reed Diffuser:
I am a big fan of Zoella and her various ranges which she has released. I had one of her reed diffusers on my Christmas list, and I got Homemade Treats. On Christmas Day I put this in my room and it immediately scented the room with a delicious vanilla buttercream scent. These are supposed to last about 12 weeks, so I will let you know if it lasts as long as it says it will. I also just want to quickly mention that the bottle looks really pretty, even though it is quite simple. 

Benefit Gimme Brow in 03 Medium:
I've never really ventured out when it comes to eye brow products, I usually use the same NYX Tinted Brow Gel on an everyday basis. But, I got the Benefit Gimme brow for Christmas and I am loving it so far. The gel is on the thicker side but it sets my eye brows in place really nicely whilst still looking natural. 

Michael Kors Handbag & Purse:
If you follow me on Instagram then you would know that I recently got a Michael Kors handbag and purse for my Birthday. I obviously couldn't do this post without mentioning them! I will only talk about them briefly as you can read the full blog post if you want to know more. The bag is the perfect everyday handbag as it isn't too big, or too small. The same goes for the purse. It has plenty of room for cards as well as space for notes and coins. Michael Kors is a high end brand, so their items don't come cheap, but it is really worth investing in items such as handbags which you are going to be using on an everyday basis. 


Girl Online: Going Solo: 
The final item I am going to be talking about today is Girl Online: Going Solo, which is the third installment in the Zoella series. I loved the previous two books so I knew that I would love this one too. I read this book in a day because I just couldn't put it down. I'm not going to share any spoilers, but I definitely recommend the book whether or not you're a fan of Zoella. 

That is everything I have been loving recently. What have you been loving?


Until next time, 
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik