Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation | Review

Hello everyone!

Just before Christmas I purchased the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I had previously seen lots of bloggers and YouTubers talk very highly of this foundation; so I wanted to give it a go for myself. I have been searching for a foundation for a while which I can religiously use, and I genuinely believe that this is the one I've been looking for (as cliche as that sounds!).

The foundation retails for £31.00, and I purchased my bottle from Boots because it means I get my Advantage Points:) It's not the cheapest foundation in the world but it's also not the most expensive either.

The packaging is very sleek and looks very high end; which is exactly what you would expect for the price. I was a little disappointed that the bottle does not have a pump (please sort this out Estee Lauder!) which means that it is very hard to pour out just the right amount of product.

I was really impressed with the wide range of shades Estee Lauder have to offer. They currently have 44 shades to offer but I think that they are extending the range even further. My shade is 1C0 Shell and it is the perfect match for my skin tone.

I apply the foundation using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge because I find that these give the best coverage. The consistency is quite thick but it is easy to blend. The foundation does set very quickly which means that you have to work very fast when applying to the face. However, this also means that the foundation doesn't transfer and sets down to a powdery texture on the skin.

I have oily skin but I have noticed that I tend to use less powder when I wear this foundation because the powdery texture does control a lot of that oil. I also think that this foundation would be great for all skin types, but especially those prone to acne. The foundation is non acnegenic which means that it does not contain harsh ingredients or chemicals which are likely to irritate the skin and the foundation won't clog your pores causing breakouts. This was one of the major selling points for me personally:)

Overall I am really really impressed with this foundation and I can guarantee that I will continuously use this foundation because it is one of the best, if not the best, foundation I have ever tried.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think of it?

Shop this post: Real Techniques Buffing Brush *only available in the Core Collection set!* (£21.99) // Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) // Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (£31.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik