Wednesday, 1 February 2017

What's In My Handbag 2017

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a Michael Kors handbag and purse, and I decided that I would do an updated 'what's in my handbag' to celebrate my new purchases! The last time I did this post was March 2016, so it definitely did need updating anyway.

I'm going to be focusing on the contents of my bag, rather than the bag itself. But to summarise; the bag is the Mercer Large Tote bag in black. I decided to go for the black version because black goes with everything, so I will be able to use it with all of my outfits. The bag also has all silver metal detailing which is great because I only wear silver jewelry.

The bag is sectioned into three different parts, and I have a place for everything in the bag. I am going to very quickly run through what I keep in each section, and then I will talk about each product in more detail. In the front section I keep my purse and phone. Then, in the middle section I have some beauty products that I will get onto later. Finally in the third section I have my keys along with some more beauty, tech and random bits.

Starting with the front section of my handbag, I have my phone (iPhone 6) and purse (Michael Kors). Inside my purse I have a number of different loyalty cards such as Boots, Superdrug, Starbucks and House of Fraser. I also have a bit of cash in there as well as my debit card. I also have a portable charger in this section because my phone is always dying. Along with that I obviously have my iPhone charging wire.

The zip section in the middle of the bag contains a number of different compartments, and I have inserted an image of the section empty so that you can see these different compartments. Inside I have a concealer, powder and the appropriate makeup brushes. I also have a few different lipsticks in there because I like to have lots of options! I also have a few glasses wipes, because I wear glasses and they regularly get dirty.

The last section of the bag is the back section. In here I keep a whole range of items. I have my house keys, headphones, sunglasses, lip balm, hand cream, hair bobbles, hair grips, a hair brush, perfume and some random receipts. I always have to carry a lip balm and hand cream on me because I get really dry hands and lips. The perfume I have in my handbag at the minute is the YSL Black Opium, and it is a mini 7.5ml bottle which I got in a YSL gift set at Christmas. The cream I keep in my bag is the Zoella Ginger Cream, which I use as a hand cream because it smells absolutely amazing. I think that the other items in this section are pretty standard, so I don't feel like I need to explain those.

I hope that you enjoyed my updated 'what's in my handbag'. What are your handbag essentials?

Shop this post: Michael Kors Mercer Large Leather Tote in Black (£310.00) // Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Saffiano Leather Continental Purse (£130.00) // Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) // Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (£3.99) // Real Techniques Buffing Brush *part of the Core Collection* (£21.99) // Real Techniques Bold Metals Arched Powder Brush (£22.00) // Kylie Cosmetics Moon Lipstick ($29.00 for full size) // GOSH Matt Lipstick in Cinnamon (£6.99) // AJ Morgan Sunglasses (£12.00) // Vaseline Rosy Lips Lip Balm (£1.95) // Tangle Teezer (£11.00) // YSL Black Opium 50ml (£65.50)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik