Sunday, 25 June 2017

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation & Setting Powder | Review

Hello everyone!

After seeing Zoella use the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation in a makeup tutorial I knew that I just had to pick one up and try it for myself. I always trust her reviews and I was amazed when I saw it in action in her video! I purchased the shade Light 42 Neutral and I also bought the Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, so I am going to be reviewing those today.

As I mentioned earlier, I picked up the shade Light 42 Neutral after swatching a few shades in Debenhams. I was really impressed with how extensive the shade range was; and I had no doubt that I would be able to find my perfect match.

The foundation itself retails for £27.00 and the powder is £22.00, which I don't think is too bad considering it's a high quality brand.

I like to apply my foundation with a damp Real Techniques sponge and I find that it gives the fullest coverage, as I did apply it with a brush to see which one would apply the foundation best. I was actually going to purchase the matching concealer but the foundation is such a good coverage and, in my opinion, I really don't need the concealer as well as the foundation. I also loved that the foundation settled down to an almost powdery looking matte finish, meaning that there's no chance of transfer.

The other product I am going to be talking about today is the Setting Powder, which I am also obsessed with! First of all, I love the star shaped sifter! This powder is really fine and weightless when applied to the skin, which is great because I hate when powder is really heavy and cakey feeling on the skin. I find that it sets my makeup in place to last all day but it also mattifies and blurs the skin at the same time.


Overall I am loving my two new Kat Von D purchases! Let me know in the comments what products you have tried from Kat Von D:)

Shop this post: Kat Von D Lock It Foundation (£27.00) // Kat Von D Lock It Setting Powder (£22.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik