Sunday, 16 July 2017

Everyday Makeup Brushes

Hello everyone!

In today's blog post I am going to be sharing my favourite makeup brushes which I use for my everyday makeup.

I believe that the key to good makeup is having good brushes. All of the brushes I am going to be talking about today enable me to apply my makeup well and are all of a very high quality.

Primer: Real Techniques Stippling Brush 
I know it's weird, but I like to apply my primer with a brush as I really don't like touching my face with my hands as I feel like that just spreads germs and bacteria around the face. Real Techniques brushes in general are of a really good quality and the bristles are really soft. I am yet to come across a brush which I don't like from them! 

Foundation: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge or Morphe Angled Buffer Brush
Recently I have found myself switching between a makeup sponge and a makeup brush. There was a time when I would only use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush for my foundation, but I have since moved on from that! I love to use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge damp on days when I want a dewy finish to my foundation, and on days when I want a heavy full coverage makeup look I use the Morphe Angled Buffer Brush. I have only just started using Morphe brushes a few weeks ago but I am already loving them, I cannot believe I never tried them sooner to be honest. 

Concealer: Real Techniques Foundation Brush
I generally use my makeup sponge or brush depending on what I have applied my foundation with, but I also like to use a smaller brush for covering up blemishes. To do this I like the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, which I would never actually use for foundation as it is far too small and would take ages to apply. I like that the brush is tapered so that it can easily fit in crevices on the face such as around the nose. 

Powder: Real Techniques Bold Metals Arched Powder Brush
I like a big fluffy blush to apply my powder with, my favourite being the Real Techniques Bold Metals Arched Powder Brush. I love the Bold Metals range as the brushes feel really luxurious and look gorgeous. I received this brush in a gift set as Christmas, so it's not available at the moment, but there is a similar one that probably does the same job so I will link that at the end of this post. The original Real Techniques Powder Brush is also nice but I prefer the Bold Metals one as it is a lot more dense and therefore gives a full coverage finish. 

Eye Shadow: Real Techniques, Morphe & Urban Decay
I use a whole mix of brushes to do my eye makeup, so I am just going to mention a few of the essentials for me personally. The first brush I love for my eye makeup is the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. This brush is great for applying shadow all over the lid but it's also great for blending in the crease. I also love the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and Bold Metals Oval Shadow brush as these make great fluffy blending brushes too. The Morphe Pointed Brush from the Deluxe Contour Kit and the Real Techniques Bold Metals Pointed Crease Brush are both great for adding detailing to eye looks and packing on colour. Finally I just wanted to give a mention to Urban Decay brushes, usually double ended, which you get with their eye shadow palettes. I use this brushes quite a lot because they are really soft, plus double ended brushes are perfect for travelling:)


Bronzer: Real Techniques Blush Brush
To bronze up my temples I like to take a fluffy brush such as the Real Techniques Blush Brush, and that just evenly distributes the product around my face. The reason I prefer a fluffier brush as opposed to a denser brush is because it leaves a natural looking bronze to the skin without looking too artificial. 

Contour: Real Techniques Contour Brush, Makeup Revolution Oval Cheek Brush & Real Techniques Sculpting Brush
When it comes to contour I use a few different brushes to achieve a defined, flawless finish. To apply my contour shade I used to use the Real Techniques Contour Brush religiously, but I have recently started using the Makeup Revolution Oval Cheek Brush as it is the perfect size! I then blend out my contour using the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush, and as it is very dense it creates an airbrush effect finish. 

Highlight: Morphe M496 Mini Fan Brush, B. Cosmetics Fan Brush & Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush
I generally use three brushes to apply my highlight. I always use the Morphe M496 Mini Fan Brush as it is the perfect little size for applying highlighter under the brow and on the cupids bow. I then rotate between the B. Cosmetics Fan Brush and Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush when it comes to applying highlighter on the rest of the face. I find that the Real Techniques brush allows me to pack highlighter on therefore giving a more intense highlighted look, whereas the fan brush is great if you just want to add a light glow without looking too intense or glowy. 


This post made me realise that I have SO many other brushes that I really don't use that often, so I am definitely going to have a clear out soon! If you would like to see how I was my makeup brushes then you can click here. What are your favourite makeup brushes? 

Shop this post: Real Techniques Stippling Brush (£11.99) // Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) // Morphe Angled Buffer Brush (£20.50, sold as part of set) // Real Techniques Foundation Brush (£21.99, sold as part of core collection set) // Real Techniques Bold Metals Arched Powder Brush (£22.00) // Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush (£21.99, sold as part of starter set) // Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush (£21.99, sold as part of starter set) // Real Techniques Bold Metals Oval Shadow Brush (£15.00) // Morphe Pointed Brush (£20.50, sold as part of set) // Real Techniques Bold Metals Pointed Crease Brush (£12.00) // Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99) // Real Techniques Contour Brush (£21.99, sold as part of core collection set) // Makeup Revolution Oval Cheek Brush (£2.50) // Real Techniques Sculpting Brush (£9.99) // Morphe M496 Mini Fan Brush (£3.00) // B. Cosmetics Fan Brush (£7.99) // Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush (£19.00) 

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik