Sunday, 23 July 2017

Kylie Lip Kit VS Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit

Hello everyone!

As you all know I am a big fan of the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits and have been for a long time now. When I came across a matte lip kit from Makeup Revolution I instantly knew that I had to buy one and compare them in a blog post.

Price: 
As far as price goes, the Makeup Revolution lip kit is a lot cheaper than the Kylie lip kits. The Makeup Revolution kit comes in at £6.00 whereas the Kylie lip kits are $29.00 (£22.75). However when you add on the shipping costs and custom costs from Kylie Cosmetics one lip kit can come in at over £40, so just keep that in mind when ordering from the website!

Packaging:
As you can see from the images, the boxes for the Kylie lip kits and Makeup Revolution lip kits aren't identical but they have the same concept. The Makeup Revolution box is slightly smaller and is a matte black, whereas the Kylie Cosmetics box is a shiny white. 


Shade:
The shade I purchased from Makeup Revolution is called Noble and it is a really nice warm toned brown with a red undertone to it. This isn't the shade I normally go for as I do like more cool toned brown shades, but I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it to my lips. 

I couldn't find an exact dupe for Noble from Kylie Cosmetics but the closest shade I own is Ginger. I got Ginger in miniature form in one of the Holiday gift sets, but it is now available to buy in full size.
Ginger is slightly darker than Noble but if you're looking for a similar shade to Ginger for a cheaper price then Noble is definitely the way to go! 

Formula:
Both liquid lipsticks are very runny and dry down to matte after a few seconds of being applied on the lips, and they are both extremely pigmented which means you only need to apply one layer of product to get an opaque finish. The Makeup Revolution lip liner is surprisingly very creamy and pigmented. I don't have the Ginger lip liner but I have a number of other Kylie lip liners and they apply a little more smoothly than the Makeup Revolution lip liner did, but for the price you can't really complain. 

Longevity:
I feel like you get what you pay for when it comes to makeup. The Kylie liquid lip and lip liner combo last all day on my lips without going patchy or wearing off, but I found that the Makeup Revolution liquid lip and lip liner didn't last amazingly well. However, I really wouldn't mind re applying once or twice throughout the day if it means I get to spend a LOT less money! 

Overall rating: 
Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit in Noble: 4/5
Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lip in Ginger: 5/5

I hope that you enjoyed this comparison post! Will you be buying a Makeup Revolution Lip Kit? 


Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik