Sunday, 9 July 2017

Prom Makeup Look 2017

Hello everyone!

It's prom season and today I am going to be sharing with you a glam makeup look which would be perfect for prom.

Primer: Benefit Porefessional
I started by prepping my face with the Porefessional, which I have been using religiously for about 3 years now. I'm sure you all know by now but this gives the perfect base for makeup as it smooths out the skin and minimises shine at the same time. 

Foundation: Kat Von D Lock It (Neutral Light 42) & LA Girl Pro Coverage HD (Fair)
To create my perfect foundation shade I mixed a Kat Von D foundation and LA Girl foundation together. I love this combination because it gives really good coverage, lasts well on the skin and makes my skin look really glowy. 

Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection (Fair 01)
I then took the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which is great for covering dark under eye circles. The foundation combination is flawless anyway, but this concealer brightens the eye area and makes me look wide awake. 

Powder: Kat Von D Lock It Loose Powder (Translucent)
To set my base makeup in place I used my new favourite loose powder from Kat Von D. I like to take this powder on a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and bake my face with it. If you don't know what baking is; I basically pat this powder on my chin, under eye area, forehead and nose. I then brushed away any excess powder once I had did my eye makeup. I am a big fan of this powder as it is really lightweight on the skin and blurs out any imperfections. 

Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
Onto my eye makeup, I decided to go for a smoky eye look using one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. First of all I took the shade Combust from the Naked Smoky palette and blended it into the crease of my eye. Combust is a really nice transition shade and helps to blend all of my eye shadows together nicely. I then took Whiskey with a very light hand to ever so slightly deepen the crease and outer corner. Next I used Smolder which is a really pretty purple shade, and I applied that to the outer corner and half way across the lid. Finally I took the shade High, which is a gorgeous shimmery shade, and applied that to the inner corner and centre of the lid. Once I was happy with the way my eye makeup was looking I took a clean blending brush just to blend everything together and soften the edges. 


Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash
For mascara I have been loving Roller Lash. I recently re discovered this and I have been using it everyday ever since. It leaves my lashes really long and black; and does not budge at all throughout the day. I love Benefit mascaras in general because they all seem to last really well and both Roller Lash and They're Real give my lashes tons of volume and length. 

Contour: Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette
My go to contour palette for the last 6 months has been the Shade & Light palette, I absolutely love it! I have hit pan on the banana powder shade and I have almost hit pan on my favourite contour shade too. I love this palette because the shades are really easy to blend and look flawless on the skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this palette very soon:) 


Highlight: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
I applied the first and second shades in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette to the top of my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. The shades in this palette are so pigmented and creamy, and I love how glowy they make my skin look. I highly rate this palette! 


Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow 
I like to keep my brows looking quite natural so I just brushed through them using a brow gel. I used the Benefit Gimme Brow and this adds just the right amount of pigment to my brows. It also helps to set them into place so I don't develop any stray hairs throughout the day. 

Lips: GOSH Velvet Touch Matte in Antique 003
Choosing a lip product was probably the hardest decision I had to make for this makeup look. I finally decided to go with a GOSH lipstick in the shade Antique. I love this shade because you can build up the colour and it has a matte finish, which is my favourite type of lipstick finish! 

Setting Spray: Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control
To finish off the makeup look I obviously had to set my face with a setting spray. I went with the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control fixing mist. I have been using this setting spray for a few weeks now and I have definitely noticed a difference in how my makeup lasts. I like my makeup to be quite matte, and this helps to mattify my skin and keep shine at bay.


The finished look- don't mind my sunburn!!

I hope that you enjoyed this prom makeup look! Let me know what your go to prom makeup look would be:)

Shop this post: Benefit Porefessional Primer (£26.00) // Kat Von D Lock It Foundation (£27.00) // LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Foundation (£11.00) // Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) // Kat Von D Lock It Loose Powder (£22.00) // Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (£39.50) // Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (£20.50) // Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette (£37.00) // Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (£59.00) // Benefit Gimme Brow (£20.00) // GOSH Velvet Touch Matte Lipstick in Antique 003 (£7.99) // Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Setting Spray (£5.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo 
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik