Wednesday, 2 August 2017

This Makeup Look Costs HOW Much?! | Most Expensive Makeup Look

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be selecting the most expensive products already in my makeup collection, and I am going to be creating a makeup look using them. I have never seen this blog post idea before, but I am sure that someone out there has done this before me:)

Primer: Benefit Porefessional
I feel like I mention this primer in 90% of my blog posts, but I love it so much that I cannot help mentioning it! Pricing in at £26, this is my most expensive primer. I actually didn't realise that this primer was so expensive, I thought it was around the £20 mark and no more than that. But, I totally think that it's worth the money therefore I have repurchased this around 4 times now. 

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear
One of my favourite foundations of all time is the Estee Lauder Double Wear. I am using the same bottle that I bought 6 months ago, as you really don't need to apply that much product, and I still have one quarter of the bottle left. This is one of the most full coverage foundations I have ever tried and the formula is so lightweight you can't even tell you're wearing foundation! 

Concealer: Studio 10 Concealer Palette
I was sent this concealer palette last year and I loved it. I haven't been reaching for it that much since I have discovered new concealers since then, but I am going to make a special effort to use it again. My favourite concealer in the palette is the green concealer, which is great for correcting redness, and I also love the first concealer shade which is the perfect shade for covering any blemishes. 

Powder: Kat Von D Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
I have been loving this loose powder recently for setting under my eyes and on my forehead; where my makeup tends to crease the most. The powder is so fine and you cannot feel it on the skin at all, unlike some powders which can be quite heavy and cakey. I love the star shaped sifter as I think it adds a really nice effect to the packaging:) 

Eye Shadow: MAC Warm Neutrals Palette
This palette has to be one of my favourite and most used palettes of all time, I love it! The palette consists of 15 pigmented shades and I get so much use from all of the shades; which is very uncommon because normally there are shades in palettes which I don't touch at all. I remember when I got this palette it was £65 and it has now been reduced to £49.50, but it's still the most expensive palette I own. I definitely think that this is worth every penny, two years on I still use it pretty much every other day! 

Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash
For a long time I was never the biggest fan of this mascara due to the very runny formula, but I did let it dry out over a few weeks and now I am a huge fan of it! I feel like letting the mascara dry out a little has completely changed my view on this product. This is definitely in my top three mascaras as it gives lots of length and volume to the lashes and doesn't go clumpy. As with all Benefit mascaras, it doesn't flake or rub off the lashes (and is a pain to remove at the end of the day!). 

Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow
I always mention this brow gel in my blog posts because it's really the only brow product I ever use. I have tried out many brow gels ranging from £2 to £30 but this one is my all time favourite. This overall makes my brow hairs look darker and evens out the shape of them so that I don't end up with any stray hairs. If you are looking for a new brow gel to try then definitely give this one a go, it won't disappoint! 

Bronzer: Benefit Hoola
I like to warm up my face using a nice bronzer and then contour. My most expensive bronzer is the Benefit Hoola, and it's actually my favourite too. I don't really use many other bronzers because most of the ones I've tried look quite muddy and patchy on the skin, but the formula of this one is so buttery that it blends like an absolute dream! Benefit have also released a lighter version of this bronzer, which I am yet to try, but that would be perfect if you have super fair skin. 


Contour: Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette
For contour I love using the Kat Von D Shade & Light, and my favourite shade from the palette is the bottom left shade called Sombre. I also like to mix this with a little bit of Shadowplay too. This has been my go to contour palette for a long time now and I am definitely going to be repurchasing when most of the shades run out! 


Blush: Benefit Rockateur
I don't wear blush that often anymore but when I do it is usually Benefit Rockateur, which also happens to be my most expensive blush. This is like a blush and highlight all in one as it is a gorgeous rose gold shade but it also has some sheen to it when it's on the cheeks. I've mentioned before that I'm not a fan of the scent that this blush has, but once it's on the cheeks you can't smell it so that's not too much of an issue. 


Highlight: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
I didn't have to think twice about my most expensive highlight as I knew that this gorgeous Hourglass palette was the most expensive. This palette is such a luxurious product and I am obsessed with it! All three shades are really buttery and feel amazingly soft on the skin. 

Lips: Kylie Cosmetics Candy K Lip Kit
The Kylie Cosmetics lip kits have to be the most expensive lip products I own as the shipping and customs charges make each lip kit come in at well over £40. I'm not too mad at that though because they last so well on my lips and there are some gorgeous shades such as Candy K, Dolce K and Moon.

Total cost of the makeup look: £370.25

I hope you all enjoyed this post! Leave a link in the comments section if you decide to do this challenge, I would LOVE to read it:)

Shop this post: Benefit Porefessional Primer (£26.00) // Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (£32.50) // Studio 10 Concealer Palette (£32.00) // Kat Von D Loose Setting Powder in Translucent (£22.00) // MAC Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette (£49.50) // Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (£20.50) // Benefit Gimme Brow (£20.00) // Benefit Hoola Bronzer (£24.50) // Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette (£37.00) // Benefit Rockateur Blush (£24.50) // Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (£59.00) // Kylie Cosmetics Candy K Lip Kit (£22.75)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik