Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Brand Focus: MAC Cosmetics | My Favourite Products From MAC Cosmetics

Hello everyone!

This is my first high end 'brand focus' post. Up to now, the only brands I have talked about have been drugstore. For my first high end 'brand focus' I thought that I would discuss MAC, as I have been using their products for a long time and have built up a considerably sized collection.

MAC Blushers:
I don't use blushers as often as what I used to, but when I do it's either a Benefit blush or MAC blush. MAC blushers are some of my favourites as they have a huge selection of shades so you will definitely find something for your skin tone. The Pro Longwear blushers also last all day and the colour doesn't fade, which is a problem I can sometimes have with cheaper blushers. Well Dressed is a satin finish pale rose shade, and it was the first MAC blusher I ever purchased. The other Pro Longwear blusher I own is in the shade Stay Pretty. I actually cannot even remember purchasing this shade, but it is a very lovely shade nonetheless. Again, this adds a lovely pop of colour to the cheeks without looking too vibrant. Stay Pretty is like a darker matte version of Well Dressed. The final MAC blusher I own is Peachykeen which is a bit different to the other two blushers I have talked about. Peachykeen is a Sheertone blush which means that it isn't intensely pigmented, but I love layering it on top of other blushers. I love a good shimmery blush and this one has gorgeous gold specks of glitter running through it.


MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study:
This is such a classic MAC product which I used to prime my eyes with everyday before applying eye shadow. I have been neglecting this product quite a lot and every time I use it it just reminds me how much I used to love this. The MAC Paint Pots are really creamy and are great for use as an eye primer and as a highlighter on the eyes. I think that you can even use this on the cheekbones, although I haven't tried that out yet. Bare Study is just a nice shimmery champagne shade which would work well on every skin tone. I have made a very big dent in this jar so I will definitely need to repurchase soon!



MAC Eye Shadows:
One of my favourite eye shadow palettes of all time is the MAC Warm Neutrals palette. I am very close to hitting pan on a lot of the shadows and I have absolutely used the palette to death! I have so many eye shadow palettes but there is something about this one that makes me go back to it time and time again. I will include swatches of my favourite shades in this palette so that you can all see exactly how wearable and pigmented the shades in this palette really are. I also have a custom MAC quad which I created a long time ago, and that contains two nude shades (Malt and Naked Lunch), a cranberry shade (Star Violet) and a black shade with silver glitter (Black Tied). Finally, I own two single shadows in the shades All That Glitters and Satin Taupe. All That Glitters is a gorgeous very shimmery peachy beige shade which can be applied with a damp brush for an intense look, and Satin Taupe is the perfect smokey eye lid shade. 






MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Etcetera:
I went through a phase last year where I would just wear this lip liner all over my lips, with no other lipstick on top of it. I love this nude beige shade as it's very much the shade I go for everyday, and it has a matte finish too. This doesn't have an extremely creamy formula like the Kylie Cosmetics lip liners do, but it lasts amazingly well throughout the day! 


MAC Lipsticks:
I have a few MAC lipsticks so I am not going to be listing every single one as that would take a whole blog post in itself, but I am going to be sharing my three favourite shades. My first favourite shade is Creme Cup. I feel like everyone owns this lipstick as it's a classic MAC lipstick shade. Creme Cup is a lovely pink shade and it is a Cremesheen formula which means it applies really smoothly. My second favourite MAC lipstick is Brave, which is more of a darker shade that I have recently been wearing everyday. My final favourite shade is Angel which is a very similar shade to Creme Cup, but it ever so slightly cooler.

Those are all of my favourite MAC products! What are your favourite MAC products?

Shop this post: MAC Pro Longwear Blusher in Well Dressed (£19.50) // MAC Pro Longwear Blusher in Stay Pretty (£21.50) // MAC Sheertone Blush in Peachykeen (£19.50) // MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (£16.00) // MAC Warm Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette (£49.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in All That Glitters (£13.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe (£13.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in Malt (£13.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in Naked Lunch (£13.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in Star Violet (£13.50) // MAC Single Eye Shadow in Black Tied (£13.50) // MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Etcetera (£15.50) // MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup (£16.50) // MAC Lipstick in Brave (£16.50) // MAC Lipstick in Angel (£16.50)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik