Sunday, 3 September 2017

Brand Focus: MUA | My Favourite Products From MUA

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to be continuing a new series which I started on my blog. This is the third post in my 'brand focus' blog post series, and it is dedicated to MUA.

MUA is a brilliant drugstore brand that is sold in Superdrug. I have been a fan of this brand for a long time, I can remember purchasing their products 3 or 4 years ago, and the quality of their products are excellent.

MUA Blushers:
For a long time I haven't really worn blusher, but I used to be a huge fan of the MUA single blushers. These are £1 each and they have lots of different shades. The packaging of these blushers, as with most MUA products, is very simple. The packaging doesn't seem to be greatly sturdy, but it's what's on the inside that counts! The two shades that I want to talk about today are Lolly and Cupcake. Lolly is a really nice peach shade and Cupcake, which is personally my favourite, is a lot more muted and natural when applied onto the cheeks. 

Top to bottom: MUA Blush in Lolly & MUA Blush in Cupcake

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Peach Diamond:
I am a huge fan of highlight so I love trying out new ones. I bought this MUA highlighter a few weeks ago and it is stunning. You can see from the swatch below that the highlight is very pigmented and reflective. The texture of this highlighter is a little powdery but it looks absolutely gorgeous on the skin. 


MUA Eye Shadow Palettes:
I own three of the MUA eye shadow palettes. I have had the Undressed palette for the longest time, ever since I started wearing makeup, and I'm sure you can see from the image just how much I have used the palette. I don't use that particular palette anymore, as that is probably VERY unhygienic, but I have kept it because I just can't part with it just yet. The other two palettes which I do use are the Spring Break and 5th Birthday palettes. These both cost me £4.00 each, and that is an absolute steal in my eyes! I have never used eye shadows which are as smooth as these ones, and that means they are so easy to blend out. 

MUA Undressed Eye Shadow Palette


MUA Spring Break Eye Shadow Palette


MUA 5th Birthday Eye Shadow Palette

MUA Matte Lipsticks:
I am sure you all know by now that I only wear matte lip products. I don't know why, but I always seem to reach for them on a day to day basis. MUA do tons of lipsticks, all for £1.00 each, and that includes matte lipsticks. It's not often that a drugstore brand can perfect a matte lip, but MUA just tick all of the boxes! The shades Totally Nude and Fawn Fancy are my favourites. You guessed it, they're both nudes too! The lipsticks don't apply as smoothly as other matte lipsticks, but what can you expect for £1? I definitely want to get a few more shades in the range as they are great lipsticks:)

MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Harmony:
Finally, we have the Velvet Lip Lacquer in the shade Harmony. This is very comparable to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, both in formula and finish. This has a very creamy texture which seems almost whipped. When I first tried this product I wasn't really expecting brilliant things, but it applies beautifully onto the lips and doesn't look streaky or patchy. As for the shade I chose; Harmony is a pretty everyday peachy nude shade.

Those are my favourite products from MUA! Have you tried any MUA products before?

Shop this post: MUA Blush in Lolly (£1.00) // MUA Blush in Cupcake (£1.00) // MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Peach Diamond (£3.00) // MUA Undressed Eye Shadow Palette (£4.00) // MUA Spring Break Eye Shadow Palette (*LIMITED EDITION*) // MUA 5th Birthday Eye Shadow Palette (*LIMITED EDITION*) // MUA Matte Lipstick in Totally Nude (£1.00) // MUA Matte Lipstick in Fawn Fancy (£1.00) // MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Harmony (£3.00)

Until next time,
Emily xo
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik