Currently Loving #18

Hello everyone!

As I have been pretty absent from my blog in recent months I thought what better post to return with than a 'Currently Loving' aka my favourite type of posts to write. I also have a lot of products to go through so maybe it was a good thing I took a break from blogging?!

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Magic Star Setting Powder in Beige (£21.00):
It definitely would not be a favourites post without mentioning one or two Jeffree Star products, and first up I want to talk about the Magic Star setting powder. I snatched up the shade Beige as soon as it was released all the way back in April, so I have had a good 3 months or so to give it a good test. I absolutely cannot fault this powder as everything from the packaging to the formula is perfect. First of all the scent of the powder itself is really sweet, almost like porridge. I am really impressed with this as it is very lightweight but also makes the skin look absolutely flawless which I love in any setting powder. I massively rate this and I am definitely going to have to repurchase very soon!

Morphe x James Charles Palette (£39.00):
Despite recent drama in the beauty community I wanted to include this palette in my post because you absolutely cannot deny that this is an amazing product. I don't actually think I have mentioned this palette in any of my posts, despite getting it all the way back in February, so I couldn't not include it in here. I have been using the palette pretty much everyday since getting it which you can probably tell by the state of it! I definitely haven't been using the colourful shades as much as I told myself I would before I purchased the ones I have been using have really impressed me; some of my favourites being 518, Mary, You're Kidding and Face for a gorgeous highlight. 


Jeffree Star Cosmetics Brainfreeze Skin Frost Pro Palette (£37.00):
Something else I have been loving from JSC recently is the Brainfreeze palette, fresh from his Summer 2019 collection. This is one of my most recent makeup purchases however I have been loving it just as much as products I bought 6 months ago. My top shade from the palette is Gold Breaker because it is a beautiful gold shade but it also has some gorgeous pink and blue undertones which compliments my skin really well. I have really been loving layering a few shades together for an extra blinding highlight, plus they look stunning on the collarbones and shoulders!


John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength 6 Effects Serum (£6.99):
Moving onto a hair product now, we have the John Frieda Frizz Ease serum. Now that the weather is starting to warm up my hair has been an absolute frizzy nightmare. I only wish that I had discovered this serum sooner as I definitely could have done with it! I apply about two pumps to the ends of my hair and then blow dry it to lock the product in place and tame the frizz for longer. I also like that this isn't sticky as some serums I've used in the past have been which definitely isn't the look I'm going for. 

VO5 Invisible Extra Firm Hold Hairspray (£3.59):
Another hair product which I have been religiously using is this VO5 hairspray. I have been using this hairspray for quite a few years now however they have recently revamped the formula and added a lovely coconut scent to it. I hate the smell of hairspray lingering on my hair all day so the scent is a great addition because who doesn't want to walk around with their hair smelling like Pina Colada? Very fitting for the Summer time. 

Versace Woman Perfume (£46.00):
This is a perfume I have been wearing for the past few weeks. My parents actually bought this in the Duty Free for me when they went on holiday which was nice of them. I am really bad at describing scents as you all probably know by now but it is a fruity musky sort of scent if that makes sense! I also love the packaging as purple is my favourite colour, it looks so pretty displayed on my dressing table. 

ARPAN Purple Photo Album (£8.99 each) & Free Prints:
The next two items I am going to talk about are a little bit different to the usual beauty products I include in my Currently Loving posts, however I wanted to switch it up a bit and talk about a wider range of things. I don't know what it is but there is just something really nice about having physical copies of your favourite memories all in one place, which is why I decided to purchase a few photo albums and print off my photos using Free Prints. I have really enjoyed looking back through my phone and choosing my favourite photos to put into the albums. I chose purple photo albums because as I have mentioned many times purple is my favourite colour, and I can't wait to fill the albums up and keep them for years to come.


Soap & Glory Daily Vitamin C Facial Wash (£8.00): 
I am not sure whether I have actually mentioned this face wash in another favourites post of mine but I wanted to mention this again anyway because this is the only face wash I have been using for at least 7 months now. First of all I love the scent of this face wash as it's very fresh and uplifting, perfect for the mornings. This face wash has helped to clear my skin up massively and leaves it feeling super soft and healthy. 

Remington Rose Pearl Ceramic Curling Wand (£19.99):
In March my beloved NuMe hair curlers broke and I really didn't want to purchase another one because I have already went through 2 before, so I opted for this affordable option from Remington. I am really happy that I didn't splash out on another pair of NuMe curlers because, as much as I loved them, these are just as amazing. I curl my hair pretty much everyday and I love the soft curls that this wand creates, plus I love that you can change the temperature depending on your hair thickness and the type of curl you want. 

Tattoo Goo Aftercare Lotion (£5.99): 
If you follow me on Instagram then you would know that I have been getting quite a few tattoos recently, which is why I had to include my Holy Grail aftercare product in this! I have used this Tattoo Goo aftercare lotion on all of my tattoos and it just keeps them moisturised and hydrated, and they always heal really well. Good aftercare is essential when it comes to tattoos, and I will definitely be doing a post dedicated to it so definitely look out for that. 

Apple AirPods (£159.00):
The final item which I have been loving recently are my AirPods which I got at the very beginning of the year. I had wanted AirPods ever since they were released and I finally decided to treat myself and I am really glad I did. These have completely changed my music listening game as the sound quality is on a whole other level. I also love that I can charge my phone whilst listening to my music - priorities! 

So, those were all of the things I have been loving lately. It feels so good to be back blogging again! What have you been loving? 


Until next time,
Emily xo

Comments

  1. That photo album is a gorgeous shade! I love using Free Prints, such a good app!! Can't wait to read some more of your posts!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! Thank you so much hun :)

      Emily xo

      Delete
  2. So many amazing products! I've been so undecided on whether or not to buy the Jeffree Star powder, but I think I need to try it out, it sounds so good! Such a great post xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try - so amazing! Thank you so much lovely.

      Emily xo

      Delete

Post a Comment