Lanzarote 2018 | Barcelo Teguise Beach Adults Only Hotel

Hello everyone!

I have just arrived back from a week in Lanzarote (as you probably know from my Instagram!) and I thought that I would share what I got up to:)

I stayed in the gorgeous Barcelo Teguise Beach Hotel, situated in Costa Teguise, and it was situated right on the beach. I did stay in a Barcelo chain hotel last year when I went to Fuerteventura and I could not fault it whatsoever, so I knew I would thoroughly enjoy this hotel too! The hotel is an adults only hotel which means it was really peaceful and relaxing- not that I have anything against children!

Day 1: Thursday 2nd August 
I must admit, I was absolutely knackered on the first day of my holiday as I had to be up at 3am, however I was in the holiday spirit nonetheless. The flight wasn't too bad, lasting around 4 and a half hours, and I kept myself well occupied listening to music and reading magazines. 

When we arrived at the hotel I was so excited to see my room as I had read many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. On arrival we were offered a glass of champagne or juice, which I thought was a really nice touch. After waiting in the lobby for a short while (the sofa was really comfy btw!) it was time to head to my room. 

This is, by far, the best hotel room I have ever stayed in. It was so clean and the open plan layout made the room very light and cool. The bed was definitely the best part of the room as it was absolutely HUGE, and the rain effect shower and whirlpool bath were great too. I was pleasantly surprised with the toiletries the hotel provided (which, of course, I took home with me!) as they were from the brand The White Company, which is a luxurious brand. I also took full advantage of the coffee machine and complimentary water. There was also a little space outside which had two chairs and a table, and that was nice for sitting outside on an evening. 






After unpacking my things we headed out to a little beach bar right on the beach which was, ironically, called The Beach Bar. This was when I decided to have my first cocktail of the holiday- a strawberry mojito which was absolutely delicious! I also had a tasty ice cream to cool down even further:)



As well as stopping off for a cocktail and ice cream, we also had a little walk along the seafront which was really nice. What a view! 

Day 2: Friday 3rd August 
Our first full day in Lanzarote started off the right way- with a cocktail around the pool! I settled on a frozen strawberry daiquiri which was absolutely the right decision as it cooled me down and was really refreshing as well as tasty. 

It was really nice just to spend a full day lazing around the pool soaking up the sun. On a Friday at Barcelo Teguise Beach there is a pool party on from 12pm to 4pm where there is a DJ playing party music and lots of floats in the pool- so overall it was a good day!


On Friday evening we headed back to the same beach bar we visited the day previously for some drinks. I went with a Koppaberg as it's one of my favourite drinks ever and you can't beat some classic cider! 

Day 3: Saturday 4th August 
The following day we had breakfast and then headed along to the local beach, Las Cucharas, to spend the day sunbathing. It was roasting hot on the beach and I spent some time reading my book, One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus. 

I don't seem to have any photos from Saturday evening but it was probably spent in the hotel bar as there was evening entertainment on there every night. 

Day 4: Sunday 5th August 
Sunday was another day that was spent relaxing, which is how you should be spending your holiday!

On Sunday evening we went for a browse round the town to find a cocktail bar. A few metres away from our hotel we saw some adorable cats which I did end up feeding by Tuesday night because I just couldn't resist their little cute faces! 

We visited the Hook Cocktail Bar however I did end up getting Smirnoff Ice instead of a cocktail. We then went to another bar called The Lighthouse which had some decent entertainment on and, again, I drank Smirnoff Ice's. 

Day 5: Monday 6th August
This was probably the most jam packed day we had whilst in Lanzarote, apart from the travelling days. We decided to go on an excursion to the South of the island where we would be able to explore the volcanoes at Timanfaya National Park as well as the local vineyards, and also have the opportunity to go on a camel ride. At the Timanfaya National Park we were told the history of the volcanoes and also heard about when the volcanoes erupted and destroyed all of the surrounding villages. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The park rangers also did some experiments including pouring water down a tube into an active part of the volcano which caused a mini explosion. We then headed to the bottom of the volcanoes where there was loads of camels waiting to take people on a short tour of the volcanoes. I opted out on the camel ride although I wish I had taken the opportunity whilst I had it! Finally, we went to a nearby vineyard to taste some wine and it was also the perfect spot to take some photos. 


Day 6: Tuesday 7th August
On the Tuesday the day was spent around the infinity pool as I had been wanting to go there from arriving at the hotel. The view from the infinity pool was beautiful as it was looking right out at the sea.


For my lunch I treat myself to some room service. I ordered a pizza and fries thinking that it was going to be a small serving, but I was totally wrong! The pizza was huge and you got a mountain of fries.

Day 7: Wednesday 8th August
The last full day of the holiday was spent, you guessed it, around the pool! It was nice to be able to top up my tan for the final time of the holiday.

We then had a couple of drinks in the hotel bar and watched the entertainment, then we knew it was time to head to bed as we had to be up early in the morning.

Day 8: Thursday 9th August
So, day 8 concludes the end of our holiday. I got a few nice window shots on the plane, including one of another plane flying above us, so I shall include them in this post too:)


That was everything I got up to in Lanzarote this year! If you're travelling to Costa Teguise then I definitely recommend you stay in the Barcelo Teguise Beach Hotel. What's your favourite holiday destination?

Shop this post: Book to stay at the Barcelo Teguise Beach Adults Only Hotel

Until next time,

Comments