Best Of Affordable Makeup

Hello everyone!

Whilst it's nice to treat yourself to high-end makeup sometimes, you can't deny that drugstore makeup can be just as high quality (and sometimes better!). In today's post I thought that I would share my favourite drugstore makeup products that I think you should try too:)

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation:
This foundation has got to be my favourite drugstore foundation ever, and is definitely in my top 3 foundations of all time. I have been using this for years and I just cannot fault it as it offers a good coverage which is what I always look for in my foundation. It lasts incredibly well as I wear my makeup for 14+ hours most days, so a long lasting foundation is definitely a must have for me. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer:
The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has to be the most hyped about concealer in the beauty world, and I totally understand why everyone loves it so much! This is easily one of the most full coverage concealers I own whilst being a fraction of a high-end concealer. I use this under my eyes and it doesn't crease whatsoever once it's set in place and I also use it to cover any blemishes as it doesn't wear off throughout the day like some other concealers do.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder:
Rimmel Stay Matte has been part of my makeup collection ever since I can remember- so that just goes to show how great this powder is! I love this as it really does keep my face looking matte all day without it looking cakey or powdery. I will continue to use this for as long as I wear makeup as I can't imagine wearing makeup without it. 

Wet N Wild 10 Pan Eye Shadow Palette in Nude Awakening:
Wet N Wild has been quite a recent discovery for me but I am loving their products nonetheless. I could not believe my eyes when I saw this 10 pan eye shadow palette for under £4! I like to keep my eye looks very safe, sticking with primarily neutral shades, so Nude Awakening is a great option if you go for neutral shadows like me. The eye shadows themselves are have some great pigmentation and are also smooth for easy blending. 

NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Brunette:
As I have mentioned previously, I don't do too much to my eye brows as they are already quite full and well shaped. For that reason I use a tinted brow mascara on a daily basis just to enhance the colour and also keep the hairs from straying. The NYX Tinted Brow Mascara is what I will be wearing on my brows 99% of the time and have been doing so for around 3 or 4 years now. 

Wet N Wild Mega Glo Highlighter in Blossom Glow:
Another gem from Wet N Wild that I have been recommending a lot recently is the Mega Glo highlighter in the shade Blossom Glow. I love a blinding highlight so those that I will recommend will be exactly that- blinding. I was so impressed with both the formula and pigmentation of this highlighter when I first tried it, and I still am, as it's everything I usually look for in my highlighters. It doesn't wear off throughout the day which is really great as I have found in the past that some don't tend to look as blinding at the end of the day as when they were first applied. If you like cool toned silver highlighters then this one is definitely for you! 


Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare It All:
I am loving Wet N Wild's makeup at the moment and I will definitely be trying a lot more of it out soon. I wanted to mention this lipstick because, although I haven't been using it for all that long, it has featured heavily in my everyday makeup routine. The shade Bare It All is a nice darker nude and one quick swipe of the lipstick gives an opaque, even finish. I actually have two other shades of this lipstick but this is the one which I get the most use out of, and I do want to try some more shades out. 


Revolution Pro Matte Lip Pigment in Pretence:
This is one of the only drugstore liquid lipsticks I use as I find that the majority of the others can be very drying on the lips. I was really impressed with how long lasting this lipstick is and for £4 you honestly can't go wrong. Pretence is a classic nude shade which applies smoothly onto the lips. It also dries down fairly quickly. I definitely want to try out some more shades as I can imagine they are all as great as these:)

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Antique:
I first mentioned this lipstick on my blog many years ago and I have loved it ever since. I definitely need to purchase a new one of these because mine is very well loved. It's perfect for everyday wear and lasts well for a stick formula lipstick. It's also a matte finish however is very comfortable to wear and not drying. 

These are all absolute gems! Do you own any of these? Will you be picking any up?


Until next time, 

Comments