Books I've Recently Read | August

Hello everyone!

I have talked about my passion for reading many times on this blog, and I have recently read so many good books that I really want to share with you all. In today's post I am going to be sharing the books I have read over the past month.

Love Simon by Becky Albertalli:
I read this book in one day as I had previously watched the film and knew that I would really enjoy the book too. The storyline of this just hooked me in, even though I already knew how it was going to pan out, and I highly recommend it regardless of whether you've already seen the film or not. It's easy to follow and full of emotion- definitely one to add to your reading list! 
Simon Spier is sixteen and trying to work out who he is- and what he's looking for. But when one of his emails to the very distracting Blue falls into the wrong hands, things get all kinds of complicated. Because, for Simon, falling for Blue is a big deal...

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon:
I had Everything, Everything on my book wish list prior to purchasing it last month. This is another book which has been adapted into a movie, however I am yet to see this one. Everything, Everything is a really easy read with a nice romance story line to it. 
Maddy is allergic to the world. She hasn't left her house in seventeen years. Olly is the boy next door. He's determined to find a way to reach her. Everything, Everything is about the crazy risks we take for love. 

See How They Lie by Sue Wallman:
This is the second book by Sue Wallman which I have read, and I also read another one of her books this month too which I will talk about later. All of her books lie under the same theme and I really enjoyed Lying About Last Summer, which was the first book of hers I read. See How They Lie is easy to follow and will leave you wanting more.
Mae's grown up at Hummingbird Creek, an elite wellness retreat where teens get the help they need from Mae's psychiatrist father. The Creek monitors every aspect of residents' daily life for optimal health and well-being, and everyone must follow strict rules. But after Mae is caught breaking the rules, she starts to question everything about how she lives. And at the Creek, asking questions can be dangerous. 

One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus:
I was immediately drawn to this book when it popped up in my recommended section on Amazon. I read the synopsis and knew that this was something I would enjoy. I took this book, along with another book, on holiday with me and could not put it down. From beginning to end it drew me in and had me guessing all the way through. 
Five students walk into detention. Only four leave alive. Yale hopeful Bronwyn has never publicly broken a rule. Sports star Cooper only knows what he's doing in the baseball diamond. Bad boy Nate is one misstep away from a life of crime. Prom queen Addy is holding together the cracks in her perfect life. And outsider Simon, creator of the notorious gossip app at Bayview High, won't ever talk about any of them again. He dies 24 hours before he could post their deepest secrets online. Investigators conclude it's no accident. All of them are suspects. 

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough:
This was another book which appeared in my recommended section on Amazon based on adding One Of Us Is Lying to my basket. When I was reading the reviews on this book it was said to be a bit like Pretty Little Liars, and I absolutely loved that! I do really enjoy murder mysteries although it's not often I read them so it was nice to change it up a bit this month and read this. I am not going to give any spoilers away but this will have you questioning EVERYTHING! 
I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this: it wasn't an accident. They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me. I know they do. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. 

Your Turn To Die by Sue Wallman:
Last but not least, the final book which I read during the month of August is Your Turn To Die; another book by Sue Wallman who I mentioned earlier on in this post. This was the other book I took on holiday with me and it was a good pick. I knew I could rely on this book for a good, gripping mystery. Just read that synopsis and tell me you don't want to read this!
Leah can't wait to spend the week at Roeshot House with her cousins Ivy and Poppy and family friend Jakob. Every year they slip away from the adults to the attic, where they catch up and make predictions for the future. But this year traditions are derailed by new girl Tatum, and some disturbing news; the body of a teenage girl was discovered in the garden- a secret kept for over 60 years. As Leah begins to unravel the mystery, unsettling events around the house start to mirror their predictions from last year. If she isn't careful, history could repeat itself...
I hope you all enjoyed this post and that you have been inspired to do some reading. This is going to be a monthly series on my blog, so expect to find out what I'm currently reading at the end of next month:)

Shop this post: Love Simon by Becky Albertalli (£3.99) // Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (£5.69) // See How They Lie by Sue Wallman (£6.42) // One Of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus (£5.19) // 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough (£2.00) // Your Turn To Die by Sue Wallman (£2.00)

Until next time,

Comments