Gran Canaria 2018 | Sentido Gran Canaria Princess

Hello everyone!

I've just got back from a week in Gran Canaria for a bit of Autumn sun!And, just as I did in August when I went to Lanzarote, I wanted to share a few bits from my week.

The flight from Newcastle to Las Palmas lasted just under 5 hours, although I was so tired but excited to get there that it felt like a lot longer.

The hotel we chose this time was the Sentido Gran Canaria Princess which is actually part of a chain of hotels by Thomas Cook (the travel agent's the holiday was booked through). The purple decor definitely drew me in as it's my favourite colour!

Day 1: Sunday 21st October 
We arrived at the hotel at about 1pm and I immediately noticed how lovely the view from my room was. My room had a balcony and was on the 5th floor above reception at the front of the hotel- so not too noisy. You could see the lovely mountains and volcanoes in the distance which was really nice, as well as a section of the pool area. 

We then decided to take a little walk down to the beach which turned into a big walk as we got a *slightly* lost haha. At the beach we found a nice cafe though, and I had an absolutely delicious sundae along with a huge glass of icy cold lemonade which was just what I needed. 

On the walk back from the beach I, of course, spotted a McDonald's- it just follows me everywhere and of course I took a picture of it! The view from the top of the hill was just beautiful as well. 


Just a 15 minute walk from the hotel was the Yumbo Centrum which we ventured through once or twice but didn't really buy much, apart from the odd can of pop or too. 

After that long walk and hours of travelling I headed back to my room in order to freshen up for the evening. I chose a gorgeous burgundy sequin skirt from ASOS (everything linked at the end!) paiered with a black satin cami and it was one of my favourite outfits from the holiday. I also took the chance to have my picture taken next to the 'princess' sign outside the front door, although you can't even see me haha.


I also took a picture of the entertainment board in the lobby which was really handy for knowing what would be on each night. As far as entertainment goes, it was pretty good every night; I especially enjoyed the acrobatics which you will see later on:)

Day 2: Monday 22nd October 
For our first full day in Gran Canaria we just lounged by the pool all day as we were pretty tired from all of the travelling we had done. The pool was like a big lake and had a bridge which led you to a bar in the middle of the pool- so luxurious. 

I did venture out to a local SPAR for some snacks and drinks; and that was before we decided to upgrade to All Inclusive! Like I mentioned, we did decide to upgrade to All Inclusive as I was dying for a slush but these were only available to AI guests- priorities, right! Here's a lovely picture of my wristband which I kept on for about two days after returning home haha. 

Night two brought even more cocktails and a captivating acrobatics show. I am in love with the burgundy dress that I wore, so much so I wore it again later on in the week. 



Day 3: Tuesday 23rd October 
Again, another relaxing day was spent around the hotel pool. Then I got all glammed up for the evening!

Day 4: Wednesday 24th October
On Wednesday we ventured over to the hotel jacuzzis- they were much warmer than the pool that's for sure!

I don't have any photos from Wednesday evening so on to tomorrow!

Day 5: Thursday 25th October
Surprisingly, on Thursday it rained for the full day! You can bet we took full advantage of the All Inclusive food and drinks though!

Day 6: Friday 26th October
Fortunately the weather on Friday was absolutely glorious and did wonders for my tan! 

Day 7: Saturday 27th October
Saturday was another hot and sunny day, and sadly the last full day of our holiday. The entertainment on Saturday night was another acrobatics show, and I loved it. It absolutely amazed me!

Day 8: Sunday 28th October
After a lovely, relaxing week in Gran Canaria we returned home on Sunday evening. I will definitely be returning!

I hope that you enjoyed joining me on my holidays! Have you been to Gran Canaria before? 


Until next time,

Comments