Highlighters EVERYONE Should Own

Hello everyone!

Following on from sharing my ultimate favourite eye shadow palettes a few weeks ago, I also wanted to share the highlighters I cannot live without as highlight is definitely up there in my top makeup products too.

I always used to stay well clear of highlighters as for such a long time I was a die hard fully matte faced girl, but highlighters just add so much dimension to the face. Plus, they're SO pretty!

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo:
My most recent highlighter purchase is this gorgeous Fenty Beauty highlighter duo. I was so excited to finally try a Fenty Beauty product and I think that this highlighter was definitely the perfect starting point. These two shades blend in perfectly with blush because they have pink undertones to them. I will definitely be trying more Fenty products soon, especially their highlighters. 


The Balm Mary Lou Manizer:
This is probably the oldest highlighter I have in my makeup collection, and the very first highlighter I ever used. This is still going strong as you really don't need to use a lot of product- it's really blinding. I love classic champagne highlighters as they go with any makeup look and this is such a classic. This one also looks really beautiful in the inner corner of the eye as it's really long lasting and will not budge. Just look at that STUNNING swatch!


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette:
This is one of my more high end products that is really worth the price tag. I love that this palette has two classic champagne shimmery highlighters and then a more bronze one as it looks stunning when you have a tan, and even on the eyes too. These powders are so soft and I'm almost afraid to use them because I know if I used them more often I would need to repurchase (thinking of my bank balance haha!). 


Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit:
I featured this in my 2018 favourites post recently as it has been the highlight (excuse the pun!) of my year. This palette is so versatile as there are 4 different undertones in the palette, and the pigmentation is incredible. I love ABH products in general and this definitely lives up to the usual standard. 


Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette:
A drugstore favourite of mine is this little Sleek palette which was really inexpensive but was a good find. There are three powder highlighters in the palette which I, of course, use all of the time. The final highlighter is a cream formula and I really like it for on top of the shoulders and collarbones.


Makeup Geek Highlighter in Midnight Sun:
My final highlighter favourite is from Makeup Geek. This is the only highlighter I have tried from Makeup Geek and I really don't know why because I love this one so much and have been wanting to try more for ages now. Midnight Sun is a bronze toned highlighter so I get more use from it when I'm tanned- I used it religiously during and after both of my holidays last year.


Do you love more of a matte look or highlighted? Let me know!

Shop this post: Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo (£26.00) // The Balm Mary Lou Manizer (£20.00) // Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (£56.00) // Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit (£41.00) // Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette (£9.99) // Makeup Geek Highlighter in Midnight Sun (£14.95)

Until next time,
Emily xo

Comments

  1. So many beautiful products! I've not tried Fenty before, but that highlighter duo looks so gorgeous. Definitely need to pick that one up xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swatched a few of them in Harvey Nichols and they were all just as pigmented and stunning!

      Emily xo

      Delete
  2. I love highlighter! So far I only have two, one from Wet N Wild, the other one from Becca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many- get yourself stocked up girl!

      Emily xo

      Delete

Post a Comment