Jeffree Star Cosmetics Alien Palette | Review & Swatches

Hello everyone!

I know that I am slightly late to the game but I received the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Alien Palette for Christmas and I have been trying it out ever since. I thought that I would share my thoughts as well as swatches so that you can see how well the shades perform.

The packaging:
I was hooked as soon as Jeffree revealed this palette due to it's quirky packaging. I clearly don't own anything like this and therefore I definitely had a space in my makeup collection for it. It feels so high quality, just like all of his other palettes, and I really like the hot pink vegan leather. 

The shades: 
I always express my love for warm toned nude shadows but I have really been trying to branch out and try different things over the past couple of months. The shades in this palette are pretty much all cool toned and there are some greens and purples in the palette which I absolutely love. I thought this would just be something to add to the collection and never really use but I have created so many looks with this that I wouldn't usually wear, and I can guarantee this is a palette which I will hit pan on pretty quickly. Just look at those names too! 

The formula:
First of all, I l love the space-themed imprints in the shades; I definitely love attention to detail when it comes to things like eye shadow palettes. I also own the Blood Sugar palette and the formula of the shades are identical: buttery and pigmented. Purples especially are known for being difficult to formulate but the purple in this palette, and in fact every shade, are perfectly formulated.

The swatches:
 (Left to right: Interstellar, Alien, Titan & Pluto)
 (Left to right: Martian Soil, Gravitea, UFO & Abduction)
 (Left to right: X-Files, Moon Rock, Phone Home & Flying Saucer)
 (Left to right: Cowboy, Area 51 & Ghost Og)
(Left to right: Black Hole, Tall Grey & Probe)

Overall thoughts: 
To conclude I am a huge fan of this palette and it has really enabled me to experiment with my makeup. The shades Martian Soil, Area 51 and Interstellar go really nicely together. I will definitely be making a look book of my favourite eye looks soon so keep an eye out for that.

What do you think of this palette? Are you a fan of the shade range? 

Shop this post: Jeffree Star Cosmetics Alien Palette (£46.00) 

Until next time, 
Emily xo 

Comments