5 Books To Consider Reading

Hello everyone!

For me, the best part about going on holiday is getting to relax around the pool reading a good book. I never fail to take at least two (okay, maybe a few more!) books on holiday to ensure I am well prepared for my week away. Saying as though I am going on holiday soon I thought that it would be nice to share 5 of the books I am considering for my holiday, and ones you should consider reading too!

Charlotte Says by Alex Bell:
This is the prequel to a book that I read last year called Frozen Charlotte. I have been saving this book for my holiday and I absolutely cannot wait to read it as Frozen Charlotte was a great read. The story line had me completely hooked and I am sure that this book will be just as amazing, if not better.
"Tormented by memories of the fire that destroyed her home, Jemima flees to the remote Isle of Skye. But her role as assistant mistress at Dunvegan School for Girls is far from the fresh start she so desperately needs. Then Jemima receives a box of dolls from a mystery sender. And so the games begin..."

Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven:
I have wanted to read this book, and the next two that I am going to mention, ever since they were featured in Zoella's W H Smith Book Club. I have read one of Jennifer Niven's books before, All The Bright Places, and it was absolutely beautifully written. I love love stories so I just know that I am going to start reading this and find it very hard to put it down!
"Everyone thinks they know Libby Strout, but no one's ever looked past her weight to see who she really is. Since her mum's death, Libby's been hiding, but now she's ready for high school. Everyone thinks they know Jack Masselin too- sexy, aloof and too cool for school. But Jack's swaggering confidence is hiding a secret he must keep at all costs. Then Jack meets Libby. And their worlds change."

Lying About Last Summer by Sue Wallman:
What I like about this book is that it isn't as lengthy as some of the other books I have mentioned in this post. Don't get me wrong I do love a good thick book to get my teeth into, but I also like books that are a little bit shorter as they're the perfect length to read all in one go when sitting around the pool or on the beach. I had never heard of Sue Wallman until I found this book in the Zoella Book Club so I did a quick search on Google and I have now added another one of her books, See How They Lie, onto my book wish list:) 
"Last summer Skye's sister died in a tragic accident. Now she's looking for an escape from reality. Her parents might think that a holiday camp for bereaved teens might help her move on. At first camp doesn't seem so bad. But when Skye starts receiving texts from someone claiming to be her dead sister, she fears the past is about to surface..."

The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson:
I haven't even read this book yet but I already know that it's going to be such an emotional but inspirational read. I have read many reviews on this book and they are all very positive so I will definitely let you all know what I think of this once I have read it. 
"Two outsiders. Two secrets. David longs to be a girl. Leo wants to be invisible. When Leo stands up for David in a fight, an unlikely friendship forms. But things are about to get messy. Because at Eden Park School secrets have a funny habit of not staying secret for long..."

It Started With A Tweet by Anna Bell:
I love lighthearted books like this one as they make great, easy reading. This is a bit of a romance story and it's also said to be very funny in places too. Very relatable for today's society too with the underlying theme of technology. 
"Daisy Hobson lives her whole life online. But when her social media obsession causes her to make a catastrophic mistake at work, she finds her life going into free-fall... Her sister Rosie thinks she has the answer- a digital detox in a remote cottage in Cumbria. And soon Daisy finds a welcome distraction there in Jack, the rugged man-next-door. Can Daisy ever really settle into life in an isolated village? And, more importantly, can she survive without her phone?"

So, those are the 5 books that I am considering for my holiday! Do you like reading on holiday? If so, what is your favourite genre to read?

Shop this post: Charlotte Says (£6.90) // Holding Up The Universe (£4.00) // Lying About Last Summer (£5.54) // The Art Of Being Normal (£6.84) // It Started With A Tweet (£4.00)

Until next time,

Comments