Go To Holiday Makeup Routine 2018

Hello everyone!

My holiday is very quickly approaching and today I thought that I would continue with my holiday-themed posts and show you my makeup essentials which I will be taking along with me. I do take a lot of different products with me because there's nothing better than getting glammed up in the evenings on holiday!

I store all of my makeup products in this really cute Minnie Mouse bag from Primark. It was such a bargain and it's the perfect size for my holiday makeup essentials. I like that there are two sections as I have separated my products out so that I know where everything is; I have my face products in one section and eyes and lips in the other.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer:
Primer is an important part of my holiday makeup routine because it is going to prep my skin and ensure my makeup is looking good all night. I might only be wearing makeup on an evening but it is still quite hot on a night time where I'm going, so I am definitely going to be needing this! I have tried many primers however this is one of my firm favourites as it's slightly tacky meaning any makeup you apply on top of it is definitely not going anywhere for a while:) 

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in 150 Buff:
For foundation I'm taking the Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin because I know that this foundation lasts really well on my skin and it's also got a really nice coverage to it. I purposefully bought a darker shade than what I would usually wear because obviously I am going to be sunbathing so I'll be darker than what I usually am. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair 1:
This concealer is a must have for me, and many many other people, as it's such a bargain and also works absolute wonders. I will never get bored of this concealer because I have never found anything like it; even high end concealers just don't compare! I go through so many of these and will continue to do so. 

RCMA No Colour Powder & Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent:
I am taking two powder options with me as I do use both of these on a daily basis already. I like to set my under eye area, forehead, chin and nose with the RCMA No Colour Powder. I am completely obsessed with this powder as it sets my makeup in place all day long. I bought a new tub of this to take on holiday with me because my other tub is basically empty. I also have the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set the rest of my face with and also for any quick touch ups that may be needed. 

Nip + Fab Eye Shadow Palette in Sculpted 1 & MAC Eye Shadow in All That Glitters:
I like to go all out on holiday which means I like to do eye makeup as I feel like it can completely transform your look. I am taking a few different eye options because I don't know what sort of eye look I will be wanting to do until it actually comes to doing my makeup. I am taking the Nip + Fab Sculpted eye shadow palette because there are some gorgeous shades in the palette and you can get lots of different looks from them. The palette is primarily matte so I am taking MAC's All That Glitters eye shadow as well because I love to pop a shimmery shadow in the centre of my lid. 

L'Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara:
Waterproof mascara is an essential because there's nothing worse than your mascara smudging from all of the humidity. I haven't actually tried this mascara before but I have heard so many great things about it so I'm hoping that I love it just as much as everyone else does. I will probably end up taking another mascara which I know I already love with me too- I don't know how I would cope if I ended up not liking this one and had no other mascara for the whole holiday! 

NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Brunette:
As I've mentioned previously I do like to keep my eyebrows fairly natural because they are already quite thick and don't really need filling in. I repurchased a fresh tube of my favourite brow mascara so that I know I'm not going to run out whilst I'm away because I have had my other tube for some time now, and knowing my luck it would run out on holiday. 

Nip + Fab Contour Palette in Light 1:
I have loved this contour palette for quite some time now, so there's no doubt it's got a place in my travel makeup bag. This palette also has two great brightening powders for the under eye area as well as a highlighter. The highlighter is more on the natural side, so I will be taking something a bit more blinding, but it is still very pretty. 

Milani Strobelight Instant Glow Highlighter in Afterglow:
As I just said I am taking a highlighter with me because the highlighter in the contour palette just isn't blinding enough. I have the Milani Strobelight highlighter in my makeup bag because it's such a gorgeous shade and is so pigmented and blinding. I am obsessed with this! 

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks in Deceased & Cherry Wet:
I have been pretty tame with my lip options as I am only taking two with me which I am pleased about. Both of the lipsticks I am taking are Jeffree Star Cosmetics because JSC are my all time favourite lipsticks as you've probably heard countless times from me by now. The two shades I'm taking are very different as Deceased is a mauve shade whereas Cherry Wet is, just as the name suggests, a very vibrant cherry red shade. 

So, that is everything in my holiday makeup bag. What are your holiday makeup essentials? 


Until next time, 

Comments